Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
loopdloop11
Channel Surfer

TennisTV won't open - loads then clicks back to the main Roku screen.

I just put TennisTv on my roku.  Well, actually I've had it before.
Set everything up.  Name and password taken.
When I click to open it it just does a little circle and glitches off to the Roku menu.

Contacted TennisTV.  My Roku is completely updated.

Anyone else having this issue?

Tags (1)
19 REPLIES 19
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: TennisTV won't open - loads then clicks back to the main Roku screen.

@loopdloop11-

When problems are confined to a particular channel, it may be that the channel didn't install properly, that it didn't update correctly, or that the installation has otherwise gotten corrupted. A reinstall may fix the problem, so give it a try.

Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.
  2. Press * key and choose Remove channel option.
    [Note: If you have subscribed to this channel through Roku, "Remove channel" will be replaced by "Manage subscriptions". Click this and follow the prompts to unsubscribe from this channel. (Don't worry. You'll still have use of it for the balance of your pre-paid subscription period. You can resubscribe then if you like.) Now the ”Remove channel" menu item will be back and you can remove the channel. ]
  3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
    Restart the Roku to clear its memory. Depending on your Roku model and Roku version number you'll find "System restart" under Roku menu path Settings > System > Power or under Settings > System'. Without the restart to clear the memory you may not get a clean reinstall.
  4. Reinstall the channel. Note it will be added to the END of the channel grid.
  5. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.

If the problem persists at this point, it typically means the current version of the channel app has a problem that must be addressed by the channel itself as they are the ones that create the Roku-compatible version of their app and provide it to Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Goldenset

Exact same problem and removing app and clearing memory/restarting doesn’t work. 

Fortuitous

Same here.  Frustrating.

Mchamplin

I am having the same issue. Have been in touch with roku...they couldn't help.  Told me to contact tennistv. Good luck trying to get support from them🙄

Bbeis

I’m also having this exact issue via Roku but the new TennisTV app works on my phone. 

loopdloop11
Channel Surfer

I have a feeling it's not going to be fixed.  I have youtubetv and no tennischannel so I guess I just won't get tennis this year 😞

loopdloop11
Channel Surfer

I've contacted tennistv but nothing yet.

I have a feeling it's not going to be fixed.  I have youtubetv and no tennischannel so I guess I just won't get tennis this year 😞

0 Kudos
loopdloop11
Channel Surfer

Nothing yet from Tennistv..  they make it almost impossible.  I'm trying to find a phone number."
I have heard that there are other streaming devices that can't even download the app. 
TennisTv has to fix it on their end.  

0 Kudos
loopdloop11
Channel Surfer

Yes, but i don't want to sit and watch hours of tennis on my phone.  

TennisTV is at fault.  they developed a buggy app.  But I can't get in contact with them.

0 Kudos