Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cjkelbel
Level 7

Tennis channel

Trying to add the tennis channel I get charged but the channel does not work...Why

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6\
gailgoode
Level 7

Re: Tennis channel

I also purchased the Tennis channel.  It is suppose to stream live.  It does not.  I can't get the actual tennis channel either, just old streaming stuff from 2020 .  This is the only reason I purchased the channel which has charged my account 117.00 and I am getting nothing.  The site wants my TV provider information.  I have YouTube TV - no provider.  Does anyone know why the app (channel) won't launch 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @Cjkelbel,

Thanks for the post.

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot channel issues: Follow these steps in order:

1.Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose 'Remove channel'.
2.Next, restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. (For Roku TV Settings>System>Power>System restart)
3.Once your player/TV starts up again, go to 'Streaming Channels' on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.

If that still doesn't clear up the issue you're experiencing, we recommend contacting the channel provider directly to follow-up for more help. They’ll be able to best assist with any issues that are occurring within their channel.
Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
DJSKI1188
Level 7

The Tennis Channel annual subscription I also paid for is actually worthless to me as well.  The channel will no longer stream on my Roku Ultra and when it initially opened when I first bought it, I couldn't watch many of the live tennis matches.  I was only allowed to see match highlights.  I also use YouTubeTV for my streaming service provider but that does not allow me to access the Tennis Channel programming.  I am extremely disappointed and it seems as if I have no recourse to get my subscription refunded.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @DJSKI1188,

Thanks for the post.

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot channel issues: Follow these steps in order:
1.Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose 'Remove channel'.
2.Next, restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. (For Roku TV Settings>System>Power>System restart)
3.Once your player/TV starts up again, go to 'Streaming Channels' on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
If that still doesn't clear up the issue you're experiencing, we recommend contacting the channel provider directly to follow-up for more help. They’ll be able to best assist with any issues that are occurring within their channel.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
PatriceK
Level 7

I am having same issue.  Worked fine until February of this year.  However, I am also having issues with the tc app on my smart tv.  Again, worked fine until Feb, of this year. I think TC did something on their end.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @PatriceK,

Thanks for letting us know about the playback issue that you are experiencing.

Please be noted that If the issue is only with the channel alone, this is a good indication that there likely an issue within that specific channel that will need to be addressed with an update from the channel publisher. Channels on Roku are created and maintained by each channel publisher. In this case, you'll want to reach out to that channel publisher directly to share your feedback. 

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos