Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mbeywilliams
Reel Rookie

Tennis channel not working on Roku API ERROR MESSAGE

Please help! 

Tags (1)
13 REPLIES 13
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Tennis channel not working on Roku API ERROR MESSAGE

@Mbeywilliams

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kn2

I'm having the same issue. I removed the channel and reinstalled. I'm still receiving thee API Failure message.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Kn2, did you reboot/restart your Roku in between removing the channel and reinstalling it?  If not, you didn't accomplish anything.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
mrschwarz
Reel Rookie

I am having the same problem. I removed the app and restarted the Roku. Then I added it back and had the same error. I restarted the Roku again without any success. In my case, I don't subscribe to Tennis Channel Plus. I just watch the broadcast channel. I am signed in through my Dish Network account.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@mrschwarz

Thanks for the post.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to the channel provider directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Tennis channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Zowar13

Removing Tennis Channel app from Roku - updating & restarting Roku - then reinstalling Tennis Channel - I still get "API Failure the connection timed out". Any other advice?

0 Kudos
Kleerob

I am having the same issues, removed channel, restarted the router, reinstalled the channel on my Roku TV and nothing. Extremely frustrating...

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @Zowar13 @Kleerob

Thanks for letting us know all that you've done.

Since removing the channel then re-installing it back in didn't resolve the issue you're experiencing, I'd suggest following @RokuDanny-R's suggestion above. The channel provider's customer support team is the best one to assist you with this matter. 

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Please go to tennis channel.com/help and in the top right corner there is a request help link.  I have been having this problem for days and am trying to get them to fix it.  The problem is at their end - please let them know you are having the same problem.  Strength in numbers hopefully….

0 Kudos