Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Temporarily Out of Service

There are two channels that we added at one time or another -- possibly a year ago -- and when I checked them the other day both said they were temporarily out of service, that the content had moved. There was no comment on where the content had moved. Additionally, there is a little video -- not unlike a place marker of some sort -- that plays on each channel. The only other information is InstantTVChannel.com. I have attempted to check out that website but there does not seem to be any method of contact. Does anyone have any information on something like this? One channel is e-books and the other is audiobooks. They've come in handy during illness but not worth paying for every month. We're not that old. Thank you in advance. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: Temporarily Out of Service

@BooWho wrote:

There are two channels that we added at one time or another -- possibly a year ago -- and when I checked them the other day both said they were temporarily out of service, that the content had moved. There was no comment on where the content had moved. Additionally, there is a little video -- not unlike a place marker of some sort -- that plays on each channel. The only other information is InstantTVChannel.com. I have attempted to check out that website but there does not seem to be any method of contact. Does anyone have any information on something like this? One channel is e-books and the other is audiobooks. They've come in handy during illness but not worth paying for every month. We're not that old. Thank you in advance. 

Without knowing the specific channels, I can't say if I have any knowledge of them going offline. But some of the lesser known/used channels have in the past suddenly just stopped working. Sometimes companies go out of business and leave no information behind to let people know what happened. If everything else on your Roku is working properly, then those two channels have likely just ridden off into the sunset. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Temporarily Out of Service

Thanks. That could be it. But I do wonder why the specific information of "temporarily out of service" and that "content has moved." Why say that if it is untrue?  Why not just do like Roku did for rdio and say the channel is no longer available? The channels were e-books and free library, btw.  They were handy when stuck in bed and too weak to hold up a book. 

0 Kudos