Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BM3
Level 7

Tastemade is blurry

Channel 351 Tastemade is not coming in clear,

0 Kudos
8 Replies
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: pluriness

Hi @BM3,

Thanks for letting us know about the playback issue that you are running into, I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help.

A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing: Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? Are you receiving error messages or codes when accessing the channel? 

We also recommend starting here to troubleshoot channel issues: Follow these steps in order:
1.Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose 'Remove channel'.
2.Next, restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. (For Roku TV Settings>System>Power>System restart)
3.Once your player/TV starts up again, go to 'Streaming Channels' on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
For full information on this, you can take a look at this link: How do I resolve channel playback issues? - Roku

Please keep us posted and try doing this to see if it helps with what you're experiencing.

Many thanks,
Mary

0 Kudos
JF51
Level 7

I'm noticing very bad resolution with the Tastemade channel since about a week or so ago.

I watch on a large 85" TV.  The resolution is terrible.  Almost unwatchable.  Much less than 480.

I'm guessing that a switch was made to conserve on bandwidth..

Commercials look fine.  Other Roku channels look fine.

But when Tastemade comes back to the actual content it is bad.  

Please take a look, I love this channel!  Thanks.

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

I agree; there's something wrong there.  It's like watching video over dial-up.  @RokuDanny-R , someone at Roku needs to take a look at Tastemade on The Roku Channel.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Kind regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

Model:  4800RW
S/N:  X01000D7MPHS (S02C2097MPHS)
Timestamp:  2021-05-08T21:27:05Z
Issue ID:  HS-184-167

Launch The Roku Channel, find Tastemade under Live TV, launch Tastemade, be transported back to 1980's era video quality.  It looks like it starts at a very low bit rate and never increases.

0 Kudos
JF51
Level 7

Roku Device Model: 4230X - Roku 3

S/N: 6325AJ166511

Software Version: 9.4.0 Build 4210-04

Channel: Tastemade Version 4.2 Build 3

TrackerID: Timestamp 2021-05-09T06:33:39Z  (Happens anytime you watch Tastemade channel)

IssueID: 11-184-713

Can reproduce just by watching Tastemade channel.  Need Tastemade content, other commercials on the channel seem to be okay, just Tastemade content.  Very low resolution.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts and providing us with the information that we have requested.

We have passed along your information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, we will be sure to update the Community.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
JF51
Level 7

Thank you!  I know you haven't sent an update yet, but it looks 100% better for me tonight.

They must have made a change of some sort.  Back to normal.  Much appreciated!!

0 Kudos