Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
goseecal
Reel Rookie

Tablo recording freezes after fast forwarding/rewinding on Roku Ultra

Jump to solution

This issue started 2-3 weeks ago and has persisted until now. Tablo recordings freeze after fast forwarding or rewinding. After I restart Roku (Settings > System > Power > Restart), the issue goes away during that viewing session and comes back the next time. I noticed this issue with other apps as well (CBS News, YouTube) occasionally but not as much as Tablo.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

Re: Tablo recording freezes after fast forwarding/rewinding on Roku Ultra

Jump to solution

You didnt mention your model # or firmware version (Settings/System/About), but inferring from other parts of your post its a newer model (480x/394x/382x).

Try disabling "Auto power savings":  Settings/System/Power/Auto power savings = unchecked

...and see if the issue persists.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

You didnt mention your model # or firmware version (Settings/System/About), but inferring from other parts of your post its a newer model (480x/394x/382x).

Try disabling "Auto power savings":  Settings/System/Power/Auto power savings = unchecked

...and see if the issue persists.

0 Kudos
GFran

Jump to solution

I have a similar problem when using the Tablo. I have communicated with Tablo quite a bit because I thought that it was a Tablo problem. When I reboot the Tablo it fixes it temporarily, but it eventually comes back.

In my case only the picture freezes, but the audio plays fine. I can rewind or fast forward through a recording but when I go to play it freezes the picture. This also happens at commercial skip and the show starts again, I only get audio and a frozen picture.

goseecal
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The workaround above appears to be working so far. Please try it and post your results.

0 Kudos