Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Tablo Recordings Not Playing on Roku Sticks

Around Nov 1st, I began having problems getting my recordings on my Tablo to play back over my Streaming Sticks.

Using the Tablo channel, you select a recorded program. Then select and episode and press either the play or enter button. Then the TV screen goes black and the spinning icon shows up for a few seconds, then it returns to the episode selection screen without any play back. 

This only seems to be happening on the Roku streaming Sticks models 3600R and 3810R. The recordings play back fine on my Roku Ultra. 

I've reset and rebooted all Rokus, Tablo, TVs, and router. The only thing different in the whole system is the date. All updates are current. I've contacted Tablo and have yet to hear back. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Tablo Recordings Not Playing on Roku Sticks

@Twowingtj wrote:

Around Nov 1st, I began having problems getting my recordings on my Tablo to play back over my Streaming Sticks.

Using the Tablo channel, you select a recorded program. Then select and episode and press either the play or enter button. Then the TV screen goes black and the spinning icon shows up for a few seconds, then it returns to the episode selection screen without any play back. 

This only seems to be happening on the Roku streaming Sticks models 3600R and 3810R. The recordings play back fine on my Roku Ultra. 

I've reset and rebooted all Rokus, Tablo, TVs, and router. The only thing different in the whole system is the date. All updates are current. I've contacted Tablo and have yet to hear back. 

I don't have an answer for you; just adding a me too. I've got a Roku 3 and the same thing happens with my Tablo. It does something similar on Sling recordings - starts to play then video freezes and the audio continues. Everything works fine on my Ultra as well.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I got an answer from Tablo Support. These steps fixed my problem and all is well again. It seems it was caused by the latest firmware update from Tablo. I didn't have to go as far as the factory reset. Changing the audio settings for the HDMI fixed it. 

"Can you please try changing the Roku audio settings from 'Auto' to 'Dolby D'? It seems the 'Auto' select audio setting for the Roku may be having a bit of trouble after the most recent update.

The Roku audio settings can be found in the Roku main menu > Settings > Audio > 'Audio Mode' / 'HDMI'.

Please change the 'Audio Mode' setting to 'Dolby Digital' if it is available, or '(Auto) Dolby Digital' if the only other option is 'Stereo'.

Please change the 'HDMI' audio setting to 'Dolby Digital'.

If you do not use surround sound audio on the Tablo please try changing these to 'Stereo' if you are still having trouble after trying this out.

If this still doesn't work can you please try uninstalling and re-installing the Tablo app on your Rokus? If this still does not work it would be worthwhile to try a factory reset of one of the Rokus to see if that gets it working again."

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I'm having this same issue and I've done the audio change and factory reset and it still has an eternal buffer and when it wants to try to work it plays about 10 seconds and stops.

The Tablo works on my two fire sticks, mobile and desktop PC. So clearly is something with the Roku app or Roku in general.

0 Kudos