Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: TWN

Same issue here....Ontario, Canada. It tries to load for a few seconds and then back to homepage. It works fine on my computer and my phone but not Roku....which leads me to suspect some kind of interface problem with Roku & TWN that wasn't there a month ago. I am by no means an expert and would really appreciate some "fix it" input by Roku.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hello, everyone. I got this reply to my trouble ticket & wanted to share it here: 

Hi,

Thank you for contacting The Weather Network.

We are currently experiencing technical difficulty with our forecasts on our Roku TV app; however, our team is currently working to rectify this.

We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards,

Caroline| TWN Consumer Relations 

At least we now know this: they know there is an issue and reportedly are working to fix it. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I got the same reply last week.

I replied back, and told them that the "weather Network" app on the Roku menu is Version 2.0. When I reloaded after all the problems, I checked the version, and it is 3.0. [ Which doesn't work at all, just a "flash" and back to home page.

Interestingly enough, The weather network works FINE on my Amazon fire pendant. THAT version is above 3.0 [ I think 3.16 I'd have to fire the tv up to check, so don't quote me] and I'm glad to read that it also works on one of the posters Samsung tv.

So, it is the Roku. I thanked the person who replied to me, but implored her to "fix" it, as many people are having the same problem and we depend on it [ at least myself and Montana, as NW pa has some bad weather]

Anyone out there with a Roku and a "working" WN app?

my model: 4640.

Why is it so hard for "Roku" CS to reach out to TWN?

WORK TOGETHER TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM.

0 Kudos