Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

TWN

For several months now (February 17, 2020), I have had trouble loading a) the "Weather" utility (on The WEATHER Network???) and b) any videos with the other utilities on my two Roku TV's.  The app itself loads, and I still enjoy reviewing the world class photo arrays The Weather Network posts. But - go figure! - I can't get the actual "Weather" page (listed on the screen-left menu) on The Weather Network.  Any help, TWN?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: TWN

I ALWAYS referred to the Weather Network as I live in a bad climate, but for the past month or so, it will NOT load the actual weather forecast anymore. Just the home page with photos. I did NOT change anything when this happened.

I deleted and re-installed with the same results. What I find as odd, is the version from the menu is 2.0 and download is 3.0 However it failed BEFORE I downloaded 3.0, so 2.0 was the version when it failed.

PLEASE,  has anyone found a fix? It was working perfectly right up to the time it did not.

I have a roku 4640 ultra [ 2] and no problems with either.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi Jamie, I got exactly same issue. App works but no Weather detail anymore starting few days ago. I contacted Roku but no avail! Has your problem been fixed?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Absolutely same problem here in NJ. Uninstalled / Reinstalled, it will not load the weather data. I've tried reporting the glitch with the * feature outside the app numerous times, yet no fix. It's good to know I'm not alone. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Same here in Montana. I just bought a new Roku and had it for a couple days then had nothing but photos and the temperature. Thought it was my new Roku but I see i am in the same boat as all of you.  I am going to try my old Roku this weekend and see if that one will work.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi,

Thanks for the note.

I'd recommend reaching out to The Weather Network (TWN) directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the TWN channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://www.theweathernetwork.com/support/faq

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Highlighted
Level 7

This is not a solution.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

@RokuDanny-R  - I dug around on TWC's faq and contact pages. They have no option to report trouble for the Roku app. 

That said, I wrote a trouble ticket after your suggestion and submitted thru the Television option, which does not specifically address any particular streaming device, but I figured I'd start somewhere. 

No surprise, I've received no answer at all; not even an acknowledgement of message receipt. 

As of last night, I cannot even get the app to load now. The current temperature flashes on the screen, the please-wait icon spins for a split second, and the app abruptly closes. Tried uninstall/reinstall AGAIN, same thing. I've deleted it.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Same thing here, app doesn't work anymore. Just flashes and close. I have this app on my Samsung tv and works fine! I guess this would my first and last time that I purchase Roku tv/products!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Yes I was very upset over this reply!! I've been working over and have not had time to look into TWC.. thank you for doing that.  That said,  I was under the assumption that when you purchase a Roku and there is a problem then Roku would at the very LEAST look into the problem.. why have this forum of they won't help.  I am trying to give TWC the some patients, maybe they are updating our changing the look,  but please,  CUSTOMER SERVICE,  get off your ass and find out!! I work hard to pay for my subscriptions because we DO NOT have cable service and I would expect you to do the same for us...I rely heavily on this app for weather in Eastern Montana.. the other weather apps don't cut it!

0 Kudos