Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stutch13
Level 7

TWN

The Weather Network updated again..  So now the last time it updated it took nearly an act of congress to get my home channel to be set.. So I knew this time it would take the same thing to get my channel to set my town.. You would think a channel that is 30 miles or so away would be close enough and truth be told in the winter it might be. But you get to spring and summer and I need it to be my town.. Because we are a small town and even though we are a mile can be the difference between a ef-2 and an ef-3 tornado.. Or an ef-4 and a serious gust of wind, yeah it make a difference.. So why does it take so much to get this channel to work?? I tried to register and still nothing.. I've now delete the channel..  Like with CBSN they got their channel to work after I deleted it.. Hopefully TWN will also but I'm willing to bet they don't..  
0 Kudos
6 Replies
stutch13
Level 7

Re: TWN

Thought I would post one last time..  I wrote to TWN and got several responses and replied back.. In general they have no issues with their app as they test it and stated they have no one else stating they have troubles.. I told them I started a complaint on the Roku forum but got no replies leading me to believe that either this is just me, or my box, or that there is no one else using the app, which might in fact be true.. While they wrote back stating they have plenty of users on the Apple tv and android and whatnot.. But that isn't a lot of users on the Roku, that might have confirmed my statement that Roku has no one using their crappy app...  So where do I go from here??   Delete the app and hope they do another dreaded update that makes it work.. Or since they likely are not being used by Roku, delete the app completely... That gets my vote.. So my question is.. DOES ANYONE USE THIS APP AT ALL??  Thanks for ignoring me.. 
0 Kudos
mikebdoss
Level 7

I'll chime in to say that I don't use this app. Unless you ask specifically, though, most people won't respond to a general question about a channel they don't use (or aren't having issues with). That helps explain the lack of other responses here. 
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

Just a comment. When I saw the post title, I had no idea what TWN was. Even now when I looked again, I had forgotten what it was. A more precise post title might have helped  Smiley LOL

And no, I don't have this channel loaded. I might load it if I remember and see if I have any issues. Also, what model Roku are you using? If it's one of the older boxes, such as the 2 XS, that alone might be an issue. My 2 XS is almost unusable on some channels because of the lack of power. YouTube is one example.
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
DarkJedi
Level 7

I do use The Weather Network a few times a week, mostly just for quick forecast and weather info. I like the format and the succinct video presentation.

That said, I'm not sure what you mean by your "home channel." Are you talking about your location? I will admit to having some difficulty with getting my home town to set and each time I restart the app it defaults to the location my IP address comes from (which happens to be about 10 miles away in another state). My location is saved, so I just change it if it's bothering me, but there's little difference (if any) between here and there. I suppose if it were 30 miles it might be more different and I would mind more, but it's just a couple clicks to change it. FWIW, I also use the Weather Nation app, which I like less; and the Weather Underground app - but it has no video. And, since getting Directv Now I watch the Weather Channel.
0 Kudos
Daniel454
Level 7

Actually, I want to say thanks, I was NOT using this channel, but I thought I might give it a shot and maybe be able to respond with some assistance.

Sorry to say, it works fine for me across multiple different Rokus (Ultra, 4, 3 & Roku TV). I changed the home location a couple times, exited, came back in, rebooted, deleted the channel, added it back, it never faltered...

I am saying thanks though because I really like this channel so far, better than the weather channel I had been using. Sorry I couldn't help you figure out why its not working for you, but I appreciate the lead.
0 Kudos
Kcmommy1997
Level 7

I have recently moved from Joplin, Missouri to Western South Dakota. I can not for the life of me figure out how to change my home location. I was allowed to add a town, but it does not keep it set on that town. It just goes back to the old home town setting. So very frustrating!
0 Kudos