Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oldmysticgal
Level 7

TVision & HBOMAX app

Please develop TVision & HBOMAX apps for Roku. I don't want to abandon you for the Amazon fire just because they have them and you don't!

4 Replies
atc98092
Level 21

Re: TVision & HBOMAX app

Roku does not develop apps/channels for their devices. They are all developed by 3rd parties, except for The Roku Channel and Roku Media Player. You have to ask the provider to create a channel for Roku devices.

HBO has a channel ready for Roku devices, but they are still in negotiation with Roku for distribution. There are a number of threads already here about it, so I won't go into detail here. 

Dan
Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Momo5
Level 7

YES!! Its ridiculous. I have a Roku TV, Roku Prime, and Roku stick. If they don't support HBOMAX, I WILL change all of this. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

@Momo5 wrote:

YES!! Its ridiculous. I have a Roku TV, Roku Prime, and Roku stick. If they don't support HBOMAX, I WILL change all of this. 

There isn't a player on the market that does "everything". Every one of them is lacking something. Most users have simply decided to have more than one model. 

Dan
Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Superman37
Level 7

I've been with Roku almost since the beginning. They always got apps for everyone and now all of a sudden they're running into these issues. I to would hate to leave roku but if they don't get their head out of the sand and get these deals made and locked down with hbomax and tvision, I fear if there's another major stream app launch and they fail to get it, they're gonna see people leaving them for their competitors.