Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

TVision By T-mobile

Jump to solution

Hello team I have a sample question does anyone knows if Roku Tv will have an App developed for T-Mobile TVision TV like they did with Apple TV.

Untitled.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Level 19

Re: TVision By T-mobile

Jump to solution

@deamae518 Thanks for the question here. Channels (apps) are developed by each service provider themselves. You'll want to contact T-Mobile support to see if they have any plans to develop and offer a channel for their service on the Roku platform. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Level 19

Jump to solution

@deamae518 Thanks for the question here. Channels (apps) are developed by each service provider themselves. You'll want to contact T-Mobile support to see if they have any plans to develop and offer a channel for their service on the Roku platform. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

Any news on when this channel will be added?

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hey T-Mobile - develop a Roku app and I'll subscribe to your $40/mo service level.

Level 7

Jump to solution

T-Mobile costumer wants to subscribe to tvision but I have a Roku tv. Bummer please create n app for Roku 

Level 15

Jump to solution

Posting here will do nothing. You need to contact T-Mobile's TVision support to complain.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

Not true. I unfortunately roku is playing hard ball with companys like tvision and hbo max.  I just switched 8 roku devices because of this.  

0 Kudos
Level 8

Jump to solution

Two Workarounds:

Use existing Roku apps for channels in TVision lineup.  Vet them with your TVision account.

I called TVision about this workaround.    They weren't sure and will not refund the $40 month sub it costs to find out.

It would only work for channels bundled elsewhere in an existing Roku App, like Bravo, CNN, SYFY, etc.

Here's the song.  Subscribe to TVision.   You now have a legal provider to vet.  Then for each channel your can get in various other Roku apps, you need to follow the process.

TMobile  is in the "provider" list which includes most cable companies in the screen protocol where you enter a generated code like XX22GD and go to  something like CNN.it/roku, enter the generated code, and then verify your provider.  TMobile is in the list, just like YouTubeTV, HuluTV, Spectrum, Comcast, etc.

I'm personally not going to spend $40 to find out.  

The Second Workaround using a well known company, R*KU

Roku makes a direct deal with MSNBC, CNBC for those channels as premium addons to the Roku Channel.  NBC is not smart enough to include these channels in Premium Peacock (paid)  and cannot figure out how to monetize it's Roku Bravo app with a premium level which includes MSNBC, CNBC.

It's ultimately the $40 gap in buying a single channel.

Satellite TV had a la carte programming.  It was worth the thousands invested in equipment, receivers, legal encription boxes and real estate for three dishes to just buy what you needed.