Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
landentwood
Level 7

TV provider subscription issues

I have a Cox subscription to ESPN and all the ESPN channels as well as fox sports etc. I’ve never had this issue but all of a sudden my roku says “access to this program is not included in your provider subscription” but I’m 100% I have subscriptions to all those channels via Cox. I haven’t changed a thing, I’ve tried resetting roku and deleting the channels and re-signing in. I feel like this isn’t a Cox issue. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: TV provider subscription issues

@landentwood-

I don't know if this will fix it but ...

When problems are confined to a particular channel, it may be that the channel didn't install properly, that it didn't update correctly, or that the installation has otherwise gotten corrupted. A reinstall may fix the problem, so give it a try.

Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.
  2. Press * key and choose Remove channel option.
  3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
    Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart. (On a Roku TV, this is Settings > System > Power > System restart.)
  4. Reinstall the channel. Note it will be added to the END of the channel grid.
  5. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
0 Kudos
landentwood
Level 7

I tried it and it didn’t work unfortunately :/ I know for a fact nothing has changed with my Cox subscriptions so I’m not sure what is going on.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Have you tried to contact Cox?  The validation has to come from them, so I'd ask them about it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
landentwood
Level 7

No I haven’t, I don’t think it’s a Cox thing because I’m signed into ESPN on my phone and someone else’s Apple TV through my Cox subscription and it lets me watch all the channels I pay for. For whatever reason my roku says my Cox subscription doesn’t include ESPN and Fox sports etc. 

0 Kudos
usa617
Level 7

I get the same message about Spectrum - I am not a Spectrum customer and I've deleted the app as you suggested but also got no improvement.  This forum is not very helpful and it's even less helpful for Roku to turn around and blame the TV Provider, in this case Cox.

0 Kudos