Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
priest76021
Level 7

TV inputs isn't an option in Settings

I am trying to add the Live TV tile to the home page.  Everywhere I go the instructions say "If Live TV is missing, you can add it by going to Settings > TV inputs" however Tv Inputs isn't an option in Settings.  I know the antennae is working but I can't figure out how to access it through Roku.  I'm setting this up for my mother and everything really needs to work for her with one remote.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: TV inputs isn't an option in Settings

I'm assuming this isn't an actual RokuTV.  Those instructions are for a RokuTV. If you've just added a Roku device to her old TV then you have to switch back and forth between the antenna and the Roku's input using the TV remote.  You can try enabling "1-touch play" under Settings->System->Control other devices which may switch to the appropriate input when a button on the Roku remote is pressed if the TV supports it, but she'll still have to know how to switch back to the antenna using the TV remote.  There isn't any Roku remote that can switch inputs.  Some may control TV On/Off and volume, but that's it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos