Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HIPOCKETS
Level 7

TV.YOUTUBE "SERVER CAN'T BE FOUND" WHEN TRYING TO SIGN UP AT WWW.TV.YOUTUBE.COM

[size=150]Proud owner of a ROKU smart TV for a few days.  Wanting to sign up for YouTube TV, I searched for it in the search box, loaded the channel, and  got a sign in code to be entered at http://www.TV.YOUTUBE.COM/START via computer or smart phone.  I don't have a smart phone.  When I go to the "START" link on my computer, I get the "SERVER CAN'T BE FOUND" message.  My favorite browser is FIREFOX, and I get the same message with EDGE, Chrome, Opera, and Ice Dragon.  I have flushed the DNS repeatedly; tried several DNS locations per several Google searches, and deleted all cookies [size=100][size=150]relevant to YouTube [/size]in all browsers to no avail.   Through searching for http://www.TV.Youtube.com with Google, I found a foreign language page with that address  but when I entered my New Jersey zip code was told that YouTube.TV is not available in my area. Searched for the problem in this forum, found 4 posts that did not help.[/size][/size]

[size=150]I had no problem finding and installing other channels, such as NBC, ABC, and CBS news.  [/size]

[size=150]Relatively new computer, Windows 10 64 bit. latest update, no problem with any other website.[/size]
[size=150][size=100]
[size=85][size=150]I don't know what else to try.
[/size][/size][size=120] [size=150]   Looking for ideas from the Forum, and thanks in advance.[/size][/size][/size][/size]
0 Kudos
2 Replies
makaiguy
Level 10

Re: TV.YOUTUBE "SERVER CAN'T BE FOUND" WHEN TRYING TO SIGN UP AT WWW.TV.YOUTUBE.COM

Ditch the capital letters.

https://tv.youtube.com/start works for me.
Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi connected - Samsung UN55ES6100
Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi connected - JVC EM37T
0 Kudos
HIPOCKETS
Level 7

Re: TV.YOUTUBE "SERVER CAN'T BE FOUND" WHEN TRYING TO SIGN UP AT WWW.TV.YOUTUBE.COM

Thanks, makaiguy -  you got me there!  But it was weird.  When I clicked on the link in your reply, it was like duplicating the tab.  Did it twice.  Then, for some reason,  I right clicked and opened it in a new page.  It took me right to the place where I had to put in the code from the TV.   Had to do it twice - the first time I entered it and clicked on "continue" (maybe it was "Next") the circles went round and round fpr at least 5 minutes.  Then, behind the circles, was a message that something went wrong.   Worked nicely the second time.  Out of curiosity, I went back and copied your URL (the same one I had used several times!) and pasted it into my browser.  It took me, again, to the page where I have to enter the code.

I truly, truly appreciate your help!
[and this time I did not try to adjust the font size!  Smiley Embarassed) ]
0 Kudos