Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

TV TIME? What happened? As of last Night almost all the streaming channels are dead

Jump to solution

As of last night (around 10pm PST we found that All but two TV Time channels seem to be gone.  Only cozy mysteries and Feature films seem to be loading.  Anyone else having this problem?  Is it a temporary thing or have we lost these channels for ROKU users?  I am a little upset, as these were some of the best cache of movies that are not on multiple other channels.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: TV TIME? What happened? As of last Night almost all the streaming channels are dead

Jump to solution

Doesn't do any good to ask Roku, as they are not responsible for that channel. You need to contact whomever offers that channel on Roku devices. 

Unfortunately, the Roku channel store doesn't show who the developer is. Perhaps there's something within the channel you can find that lists who it is. 

EDIT: I found the provider: https://www.tvtimemedia.com/

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

15 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: TV TIME? What happened? As of last Night almost all the streaming channels are dead

Jump to solution

I just found this out, too. And Feature Films doesn't have all the films it used to. What gives, TVTime?

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Same here. They got rid of four of these channels. What gives Roku??

Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

Doesn't do any good to ask Roku, as they are not responsible for that channel. You need to contact whomever offers that channel on Roku devices. 

Unfortunately, the Roku channel store doesn't show who the developer is. Perhaps there's something within the channel you can find that lists who it is. 

EDIT: I found the provider: https://www.tvtimemedia.com/

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

thanks for the information.  I guess I will have to research this out.  I only wish (and I mean this) that if Roku was going to allow us to have a group of channels they could at least also include a changes alert for us to know what channels would be leaving Roku, since after all, it is their product that is giving us the access to these channels.  It does drive most users around the bend to find out that their beloved channels are disappearing in the night without rhyme or reason, and we're stuck without answers.  It would be far more professional to at least attempt to have a newsletter or something.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have contact the company Movie Time directly and hope to get an answer.  If I do, I promise to send their response here for Roku users.  If Roku would please either show owners and cite websites so we can do exactly what atc98092 suggested (contacting the streaming services directly), it would go a long way in customer service for those who own Roku's and allow us to find answers for when (what 10 channels?) go off services at the same time.

Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

@ceresmary206 wrote:

thanks for the information.  I guess I will have to research this out.  I only wish (and I mean this) that if Roku was going to allow us to have a group of channels they could at least also include a changes alert for us to know what channels would be leaving Roku, since after all, it is their product that is giving us the access to these channels.  It does drive most users around the bend to find out that their beloved channels are disappearing in the night without rhyme or reason, and we're stuck without answers.  It would be far more professional to at least attempt to have a newsletter or something.

That might be pretty tough for Roku to provide. The developers have sole control over their channels, although Roku themselves can remove a channel that violates their terms of agreement, usually for providing content without permission of the content owners. So a developer could remove a channel and Roku would not have any idea it happened without someone advising them. Certainly probable they have some sort of log maintained of what's happening in their store, but might not monitor for that sort of activity. 

Dan
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am very upset! I love the TVTime apps.  Even Cozy mysteries has been decimated. No more Charlie Chan, Mr. Moto, The Shadow etc, etc.  I hope these are just being revamped or something.  I checked online and didn't find out anything that helps.  If anyone can let the community know, I'd appreciate it.

Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

You have to contact TVTime Media (link in a post above). They have sole control over what's available within their channel. Roku has no control of it. 

Dan
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for the link.  Sent them a message.  For what that's worth.