Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SrTrekker
Level 8

TV Provider Credentials Dropping

Every day, upon turning on my TV/Roku device, I am asked to RE-ENTER my “TV Provider” credentials to view Fox Business, HGTV and other “TV provider subscribed” channels. 

• I am continuously getting the error message, (prior to resubmitting my creds) “Access to this program is not included in your Spectrum TV subscription.”  I have NEVER had a subscription with SPECTRUM!
  • Where is the issue with using the TV provider subscription credentials?
  • How should a subscriber troubleshoot the issue?
  • 2-3 weeks ago, I subscribed to Xfinity X1 service with the Preferred+ Plan, and upgraded internet to Gig.
  • My subscription provides “free” access to Fox News, Fox Business news, and HGTV, among others.
  • In my home I have one (1) X1 box and four (4) Roku devices (late models).
  • I have separate credentials for Netflix, Fox Nation, & Prime video.  Remarkably, these credentials are never lost!

What is the authentication validation data stream? 

What device/server stores the username/passwords?

At what point are the credentials validated?

Who to call, GHOSTBUSTERS?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
SrTrekker
Level 8

Re: TV Provider Credentials Dropping

After contacting 3 parties, Roku, Xfinity, & Channel (FoxNews), I received the following response from Fox News: 

The Roku app currently doesn't have an option to remember your whole login, just the username.

Fox also said:  We wanted to let you know that we definitely hear you and put this as a feature update request which we hope to have live very soon!

Tags (1)
SrTrekker
Level 8

Re: TV Provider Credentials Dropping

It would be great if Roku could test & publish a list of channel apps that accept full authentication, i.e., user name plus password.  I would imagine that it would be beneficial for a channel provider to be on the list.  Nobody wants an app where they have to re-authenticate every day.  To that end, Roku could probably charge the channel provider extra for the testing.

0 Kudos