Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bbeumel86
Level 7

TV IS BLACK BUT AUDIO IS WORKING

bought a new TV yesterday. was working perfectly. i turn it off at night to go to bed and wake up to watch the news the Audio works fine but the TV screen is black. there are no cables hooked up to the TV all WIFi live streaming so no HDMI cords to jiggle or check. i have unplugged the TV several times but still the same. Black screen and sound is working. what do i do here? i want to avoid taking the TV back to the store and returning 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
Strega
Level 17

Re: TV IS BLACK BUT AUDIO IS WORKING

Oh my, until that last line the answer seemed so easy.  Replacing an electronic device that acting up so soon and in such a significant way seems like a no-brainer to me. 

But...  you could try contacting the TV manufacturer or seeing if they have a forum.  Who made it?  There's usually a phone number and/or website for support in the box.  Of course, it's obviously well within the warranty period, but that's usually a much slower way to get anything done.

Some people have reported that TCL told them to leave the TV unplugged for 10 minutes and then plug it back in, and that worked, but if that happened on the first day, I'd be wondering how often I'm going to have to do that...