Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

TRT world

Jump to solution

TRT world gets added on my roku but upon opening it, empty thumbnails appear for a second and disappear; in the end two boxes remain reading search and about. I'm using roku in Pakistan and as such  i'm aware that most channels are georestricted, but this one i can watch live from youtube as well as through android app, which means it might not be georestricted, but having any other issue. Please check and resolve. Thanx

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: TRT world

Jump to solution

@Muneer 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Muneer 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hello sir.

I did contact TRT WORLD and asked them whether their channel/app should work on a roku device being used in Pakistan and received a reply which says it should.

Screenshot of the received email is attached below.

Please resolve the issue

Email received from TRT WORLDEmail received from TRT WORLD

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Muneer 

Thanks for the update.

Have you tried removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Yes i did perform this process in the exact way as mentioned by you multiple times before receiving your message, and did so once again after receiving your response, but the problem remains as it was.

Furthermore i am encountering the exact same problem with the Democracy now app as well. Like TRT world, Democracy now too can be accessed in Pakistan through its web page as well as Android app which means it is not off limits to people residing in Pakistan.

Please resolve the issue ASAP so that i can make most of my Roku Device.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

What is the status of my complaint ? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Muneer 

Thanks for the posts.

As stated in my previous post, channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos