Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CableSux
Level 7

TNT: No Sign In

I'm having a problem with TNT activation. When I click on the "Sign in" button, nothing happens. I hear the tone when I push OK, but the screen never changes. So I don't get an activation code. The TBS app worked just fine.

Yes, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, rebooted, etc.

Roku stick, purple
0 Kudos
8 Replies
DBDukes
Level 9

Re: TNT: No Sign In

"CableSux" wrote:
I'm having a problem with TNT activation. When I click on the "Sign in" button, nothing happens. I hear the tone when I push OK, but the screen never changes. So I don't get an activation code. The TBS app worked just fine.

Yes, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, rebooted, etc.

Roku stick, purple

The order you listed isn't right. It's 1) uninstall 2) reboot 3) reinstall. Any other order isn't correct. Confirm you did the steps in that order.

After those steps, when you launch the "Watch TBS" app, you should be prompted to accept the Terms of Use. If you're not prompted for that, it's not a clean install. Repeat the remove/reboot/install process, ensuring all three steps are done in that order. Once that's correctly done, you'll get the ToS prompt.

After you "Accept Terms" you should get the Watch TBS "New" screen.

Moving over to the Account icon and entering that section, you should then get the "Sign In" option.

Before you select that, it would be a good idea to already be logged in to your content provider (cable, satellite, streaming service) on your browser (phone, tablet, or computer), or to TV Everywhere (https://www.wtve.net/), if you have a smaller cable service.

Next, you'd click "Sign In" and be prompted to go to tbs.com/activate. Here's where you'll be wanting to ensure that your browser doesn't autocomplete any URL that contains anything after "activate" (apart from a trailing slash).

After selecting "Roku" and your content provider, you may again be prompted to log in again. Not really a big deal if that's the case.

After that, it should be working.

Now, using this as a checklist, where is it varying from what I'm saying you should be getting? At the "Sign In" button? Or is anything at all different prior to that?
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
CableSux
Level 7

I have done exactly as you described. Twice. Again it's only with the TNT app. TBS works fine.

"Next, you'd click "Sign In" and be prompted to go to tbs.com/activate."

This is where it fails. I click on "SIGN IN", I hear a "bip" and nothing else happens. Just sits on the Settings screen.

Yes, I got the ToS screen and accepted it.
0 Kudos
RobRoy
Level 7

I'm having the same exact problem described in this thread with TNT activation not TBS. I just noticed it today after not opening it for a few weeks. I uninstalled the channel, rebooted my Roku, re-added the channel, opened it, navigated to  to sign in and the same behavior is there: The Sign in button is unresponsive. I've been using the TNT Channel since it first became available for the Roku without ever having a problem signing in and activating. I never used the TBS Channel. I added TBS for troubleshooting purposes and was able to sign in and activate without a problem. If anyone finds a solution please post it.

Rob
Roku 2XS
_
"Life is tough It's even tougher if your stupid" John Wayne
Roku Ultra 4660RW Version: 9.1.0 Build 4919-46 | Prime Video/Music, Netflix, HBO Go, Showtime Anytime, Vudu, Starz, Pandora, ABC, FOX, FX, AMC, NBC, SYFY, TNT, USA, Weather Network.
0 Kudos
Pompey
Level 7

Same exact symptom for me. I had never bothered with the TBS or the TNT channels before this afternoon. Just installed TNT, accepted the TOS, but the radio button to authenticate with my cable provider is unresponsive.
"One great use of words is to hide our thoughts." Voltaire
"We are masters of the unsaid words, but slaves of those we let slip out." Winston Churchill
0 Kudos
Pompey
Level 7

Authentication seems to be working again. I was just able to activate with my cable provider.
"One great use of words is to hide our thoughts." Voltaire
"We are masters of the unsaid words, but slaves of those we let slip out." Winston Churchill
0 Kudos
RobRoy
Level 7

Working here this morning also. Thank you everybody for your post...

Rob
_
"Life is tough It's even tougher if your stupid" John Wayne
Roku Ultra 4660RW Version: 9.1.0 Build 4919-46 | Prime Video/Music, Netflix, HBO Go, Showtime Anytime, Vudu, Starz, Pandora, ABC, FOX, FX, AMC, NBC, SYFY, TNT, USA, Weather Network.
0 Kudos
easye
Level 7

this happened to me last night and I was wondering if this ever got resolved for you

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Is TNT the only channel that you cannot sign into? It's possible there may be an issue within the channel itself that the service provider will need to investigate.

We would first recommend to try removing the TNT channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the TNT channel back once more.

Does this resolve the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos