Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tacticus2020
Level 7

TNT Activation

I am trying to get the TNT channel thru the ROKU Streaming Channels section.  I added the TNT ap to the ROKU home screen.  When I try to watch TNT content I am given a code to take to the web page tntaccounts/activate.  When I go there I put in the code provided on TNT screen on my TV.  Then a box appears wanting me to give my "TV Provider" & it has a list of several pages of TV Providers starting with DISH, DirecTV & several pages of other satellite and cable tv providers.  ROKU is not on that list & I cannot proceed until I give them a TV Provider.  What do I put as "TV Provider"???  

In looking thru the FAQ on the TNT help page they say TNT is avaliable on ROKU & other streaming devices, but they want a TV Provider.   Whats the deal!!  How do I activate TNT on ROKU??

Thanks.....Tac

3 REPLIES 3\
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Re: TNT Activation

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/154157/watch-tnt

"The new TNT App makes watching movies, full episodes and live sports simple and easy. Sign in with your TV provider to watch all the TNT originals you love, like Snowpiercer, Animal Kingdom, The Alienist, and more, along with favorites like Bones and Charmed. You can also catch live sports with NBA on TNT & AEW on TNT, awards-shows with the SAG Awards & blockbuster movies on any screen.

The TNT App supports most TV providers, including AT&T, Spectrum (incl. Time Warner Cable, Charter & Bright House), Comcast XFINITY, Cox, DIRECTV, Dish, Optimum, Suddenlink, Verizon, and many more."

Roku does not offer TV subscriptions - since TNT is a subscription-based TV channel, you'll need subscriber credentials from your cable/sat/etc provider to login/authenticate your subscription to access the content on the app.

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

When you subscribe to a tv provider that carries TNT, like a cable or satellite company, part of your subscription fee goes to TNT.  TNT makes its streaming version available to those who are paying for TNT through such a paid tv provider subscription.  Without a paid tv provider subscription you can't stream TNT.

In addition to cable or satellite subscriptions there are several paid streaming services that carry TNT - part of your subscription fee to one of these also goes to TNT and enables you stream TNT.  Such paid services include Hulu With Live TV, fuboTV, Sling TV, and AT&T TV Now (or whatever they're calling it these days).

Doug
Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Roku Streaming Stick 3600

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."
0 Kudos
tlm57
Level 7

After reading this, I am a new Roku user and I too am trying to get TNT.  I do not have DirectTV any longer now that I have Roku and I want TNT.  One response says Fubo has it to stream and we subscribe to Fubo, but TNT is not a channel we are able to connect to.  Please can you give more information on how to connect to TNT through Fubo?  Thank you so much.

0 Kudos