Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Cannot access TCM - format changed - will not allow me to sign in. Anyone else?

Jump to solution

Hi everyone!

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this has caused.

Could you provide us the following information:

-Roku device model
-Serial number
-Device ID
-Software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Uppity
Reel Rookie

Re: Cannot access TCM - format changed - will not allow me to sign in. Anyone else?

Jump to solution

I suggest complaining to TCM directly, at https://tcmdigitalhelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-w/requests/new. They are aware of the problem but may need prodding, because 1) this is TCM’s fault not Roku’s fault, 2) it never would have happened in the first place if TCM’s software developers had tested the release before launching it, 3)  the fix is taking too long, and 4) we are actually paying for TCM but we’re not able to use it.

Leigh8
Reel Rookie

TCM app fixed by Frontier cable provider

Jump to solution

This issue was finally resolved after I had made numerous calls to Frontier ( my cable provider) explaining the problem. Many technicians were unwilling to delve into the issue saying it was probably the app but finally someone took the time to hear me out and post a troubleshooting ticket with their technical team. So in my case getting the right tech on the phone to investigate was the solution. I have no idea what they did but it took a couple of days and they called me back to report they had fixed it. 

0 Kudos
daveyj
Binge Watcher

Re: Are you being returned to Home screen after selecting a channel?

Jump to solution

Glad things are working for you.  Here my Watch TCM channel has been backfiring to home screen ever since the 9/1 so-called upgrade of TCM channel (very garish; gives me migraines).  Have tried all suggestions; all have failed.  So I wait, not exactly patiently, for TCM/Roku to fix the problem, or for some other brilliant suggestion from someone in the Roku community.  

For other long-suffering streamers, here's a very old-fashioned work-around suggestion, while this continues.  Before there was streaming, I used to check the TCM schedule for upcoming films, and then, using the guide on your TV to search ahead, I would set-up to record the ones I especially wanted to see on my DVR, if you have DVR service (and now the storage capacity on most DVR set-ups is much greater).  As you might guess, that's exactly what I'm doing right now.  Who would want to miss tonight's showing of The Graduate, followed by a Mike Nichols profile, followed by Gilda Radner?

Here is the link to TCM scheduling in case you need it:

https://www.tcm.com/schedule?icid=mainnav15-daily-schedule

Good luck to us all!  DaveyJ

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: TCM app fixed by Frontier cable provider

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

TCM has recently posted this information on their website: https://tcmdigitalhelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4406243429147-Every-time-I-try-to-launch-the-Wa...

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Vachon321
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

This is of ZERO help to those of us with Verizon FIOS and different carriers. They should never have released a buggy app in the first place. SHAME on them!

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Leigh8 wrote:

This issue was finally resolved after I had made numerous calls to Frontier ( my cable provider) explaining the problem.

This is further confirmation that the current Watch TCM problem most likely resides in the inability to authenticate one's tv provider account for many tv providers.

YouTubeTV is reported as NOT affected.
Frontier is now reported as NOT affected.
DirecTV is reported as affected.
Optimum is reported as affected.
Verizon FIOS is reported as affected.

It could be helpful in tracking this down if people would report who their tv provider is when reporting this problem, or lack of thereof.

I'm wondering if it is a problem only with those providers who subscribe to the Single Sign On protocol (where once you identify who your provider is it logs you on automatically without you having to actually log into your provider account).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

TCM has recently posted this information on their website: https://tcmdigitalhelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4406243429147-Every-time-I-try-to-launch-the-Wa...

That same information was received in response emails from TCM and reported here as far back as 3 September 2021.  That's now six days since then without a fix, although admittedly part of that time was a three day holiday weekend in the US.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
vintagedirtbike
Reel Rookie

Re: Are you being returned to Home screen after selecting a channel?

Jump to solution

Issue ID number
ID P4-361-056

TCM will still not load after:
1) Remove 2) Restart 3) Reinstall  (in that exact order)

0 Kudos
mop_891
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Well here on optimum Watch TCM is now working. I went to TCM on my homepage. Hit options (*) then check for updates. It said comedy central and then watch TCM updating. Lo and behold it Now works! setting show now version 1.0.85 (d3d74b5)I have an Ultra LT.

0 Kudos