Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hzmt22193

Re: Cannot access TCM - format changed - will not allow me to sign in. Anyone else?

Jump to solution

Same here.  Look's like it updated and after refreshing, it keeps closing.   

0 Kudos
bijoudarma
Reel Rookie

Re: Cannot access TCM - format changed - will not allow me to sign in. Anyone else?

Jump to solution

Yes, it is happening to me as well.
I've followed all of Roku's suggestions so far and nothing works to fix this problem.
Can't even hold onto the new install of the channel long enough to enter my subscription code.
I keep getting kicked back to the main Roku screen.
This is BS!!

0 Kudos
bijoudarma
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Exactly!

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@StreamerUser wrote:

@Roadmaster71 

Its good that reinstall worked for you - however, the reinstall procedure isnt working for many users, especially those with older models.

Had you read the thre

I'm not so sure it's just older models.  I have the problem on all three of my active units.  The Streaming Stick 3600 could be considered older but the Streaming Stick+ 3810 is still the current stick in the line and the TCL Roku TV is no more than two years old.

The problem seems to be tied to the tv provider confirmation process.  My provider is Directv.  So far the people I've seen reporting not having the problem, and who have mentioned who their provider is, have had YouTubeTV as their provider.

@Roadmaster- since your Watch TCM is now working, who is your tv provider?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@makaiguy 

Hence "especially those with older models" and not "only those with older models"....

0 Kudos
Mulhernfkm

Jump to solution

Several weeks ago I could not fast forward or reverse on roku tcm app. Now it just cuts off. Ugly update and sound of tcm app is one thing but when you cannot view what you are paying for then that's another thing. Change in most cases is good. Here it is pathetically bad. TCM - you were great while you lasted. God Bless Bob Osborne.

elmomax
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

We are also having this same problem since update Sept 2021.  We removed the app and added it back, still when we go to movie, it returns us to home screen. Please do not punt this and help fix this problem.  We have an older Roku device. So frustrated and annoyed, want to take my Roku and throw it out!

0 Kudos
elmomax
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

tried solution and it did not work. now what?

0 Kudos
Roadmaster71
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I spoke too soon when I said it was working. I later found out that although  it appeared fine it would still fail (go back to Roku home screen) when I attempted to play a movie. I even went so far as to deregister the app and reregister online. In order to get the registration code I had to film the TV screen to see the code given because it flashed by too quickly to read. I have filed a complaint with TCM. No response. This board has been helpful but no solutions have worked for me. My Roku stick is only about 2 years old. It’s time for Roku to contact TCM on behalf of it’s customers rather than just saying “It’s not our app.”

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Roadmaster71 

The good news is that TCM is aware of the issue and acknowledges it, and is working on a fix.

The earliest the updated TCM app will get to us is Monday.

When you report an app to Roku (using Options/Give us feedback) that information is collected and passed to the app's developer.

There is no need for Roku to "contact TCM on behalf of its customers" since they are continuously doing so, and TCM is well aware of this specific issue (if you read the other threads about this, you'd be aware of that).

Regardless, it isnt Roku's app, and Roku cant fix it, they can only pass along information.

TCM is the only party that can fix it, since its their app, so its best to contact TCM directly, for yourself, representing your interests, and not wait for or expect anyone else (including Roku) to do so.

0 Kudos