Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NathanCa81
Channel Surfer

Re: Cannot access TCM - format changed - will not allow me to sign in. Anyone else?

Jump to solution

Uninstalled,then did a system restart then,then readded the channel and still booted me off. This has to be a bug with their sept1 update

mop_891
Roku Guru

Re: Cannot access TCM - format changed - will not allow me to sign in. Anyone else?

Jump to solution

I'm going with they broke the app. I'll wait a few days and see what happens. TYVM.

grant5
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Provider is Spectrum.

mop_891
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Ok it's the app. I pulled out my old ROKU premier, from 2020. It has the "old" version of the app and it's working. My new one is an Ultra LT from last year.

0 Kudos
grant5
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks - BUT...tried this multiple times.  After performing the three steps in order, the app will open - but if I try to sign in so that I can actually watch the movies or tale advantage of the watch list - no luck.  There will be a very, very short flash of the authentication code that I should use to validate my provider, but it quickly disappears and then throws me out.  If I next try to open the app after this, it flashes a partial TCM home screen - and then back to the ROKU home page and the app logo.  All this happened on 1 September - I had no issues prior to this.

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@grant5 

Keep in mind that the date you got the update may not be the date the update was released. Roku will automatically update the system and apps when it calculates that it can, but that may not always been when the update is available. So, calling it a September 1 update may nor may not be correct.

What is the app version? Highlight the app on the menu, press the Options button, then look for the version and build number.

Check the version of the other Roku device and see what it is.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
grant5
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

OK:  Model is the ROKU Express 3930X.  Software is Version 10.0.0 build 4209-AE.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@grant5 

I'm talking about the TCM app. 

Although the Roku model number and software version are always good to include in any issue report.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
grant5
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

TCM App version is Version 1.0 - Build 81

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@grant5 

I'm finding an app called Watch TCM. I assume that's actually the app in question?

DBDukes

0 Kudos