Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dpmar17
Reel Rookie

TCM app not working

Jump to solution

Have been using WATCH TCM app for months. Yesterday i kept getting followinv message.    

“We apologize for the inconvenience but the requested title is not available at this time. Please select a different title.”

App works fine on my Iphone. 
i removed app & added again. Still same message no matter what title i choose. Including Watch Live. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Cannot access TCM - format changed - will not allow me to sign in. Anyone else?

Jump to solution

Watch TCM version 1.0.85 has been released 9/8 - check to see whether it resolves any issues

To update: Settings/System/System update/Check now

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
104 REPLIES 104
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TCM app not working

Jump to solution

Hi @Dpmar17,

Thanks for reaching out regarding the issue you are experiencing.

Just to verify, have you tried to restart your device after removing the channel and before adding back? If yes, this is a good indication that there likely an issue within that specific channel that will need to be addressed with an update from the channel publisher. Channels on Roku are created and maintained by each channel publisher. In this case, you'll want to reach out to that channel publisher directly to share your feedback. 

Thanks,
Mary

0 Kudos
Dpmar17
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you for the quick response. Yes, I restarted. I’m not sure what you mean by channel publisher. 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Dpmar17 wrote:

Thank you for the quick response. Yes, I restarted. I’m not sure what you mean by channel publisher. 

"Channel publisher", in this case, is Watch TCM.  It's not readily apparent to most that each channel provider creates and maintains (i.e. "publishes") the specific version of their own app that runs on the Roku system. Roku just provides the platform on which they run.

Like the streaming apps for many "cable" stations, Watch TCM requires a paid subscription to a TV provider service (usually cable or satellite) that carries TCM.  That's how they get paid.

Have you tried logging out of Watch TCM then logging back in and re-connecting to your provider account?

• Go to Settings in the menu at the left of the Watch TCM screen. 
  • Arrow down to SIGN OUT at the bottom left. Press OK on remote.
  • Confirm you want to Sign out.
  • SIGN OUT changes to SIGN IN.  Press OK on remote.
  • Sign in with your TV provider account.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
grant5
Channel Surfer

Cannot access TCM - format changed - will not allow me to sign in. Anyone else?

Jump to solution

TCM worked fine this morning - this evening channel has a new icon.  I have uninstalled the ap multiple times, but when I try to sign in (and get the code to confirm with my cable provider), I get kicked out.  Cannot access movies - and my watchlist has disappeared.  Any help?

mop_891
Roku Guru

Re: Cannot access TCM - format changed - will not allow me to sign in. Anyone else?

Jump to solution

For what it's worth exact same problem here, Uninstalled and reinstalled channel. Did not help.

DBDukes

Jump to solution

@grant5 @mop_891 

I keep seeing:

1. Uninstall
  2. Reinstall

That's not correct. The proper way is:

1. Uninstall
  2. Reboot Roku
  3. Reinstall

Try all three steps, in that order, and see if that makes a difference.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

mop_891
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I've tried every combination including a factory rest. Nothing works.

DBDukes

Jump to solution

@mop_891 

Keep in mind that any combination apart from the one I listed is invalid. Do no others.

So, you've removed the app, rebooted the Roku, then reinstalled the app (in that order). The app launches, but when you go to authenticate against your TV provider, the app crashes?

What is your TV provider?

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@grant5 @mop_891 

Make sure you follow the reinstall order @DBDukes specifically stated.

Please provide your model # and firmware version:  Settings/System/About

..and see this pre-existing thread:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Watch-TCM-not-working-after-July-15-2021-upda...

0 Kudos