Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Cannot access TCM - format changed - will not allow me to sign in. Anyone else?

Jump to solution

@RokuKariza-D wrote:

-Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Clipboard01.jpg

Clipboard02.jpg

Channel: Watch TCM, version 1.0, build 81
TV provider: DirecTV

Problem: Since update to channel app, when loading previously-authenticated-with-tv-provider-app, revised graphics flash on screen for a few seconds then exits back to Roku home screen.

If channel app is deleted/reinstalled thus removing the authentication info, User Interface loads normally and one can read movie descriptions, etc, but when one tries to actually view movie such that one must authenticate with tv provider, exits back to Roku home screen.

If, after a reinstall so that it doesn't immediately return to Roku home screen, one goes straight to settings and attempts to authenticate/sign-in, the "sign-in" button briefly flashes to "sign-out" as though a successful sign-in had occurred, but then exits back to Roku home screen.

This appears to me to be a problem with the tv provider authentication protocol.  Since this started with the update of Watch TCM app to build 81, and users of other apps are not complaining about a similar problem, this appears to me to be a problem at TCM's end. 

Note that my tv provider involved is Directv, which uses the Single Sign On protocol to automatically sign. one in.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Cannot access TCM - format changed - will not allow me to sign in. Anyone else?

Jump to solution

Watch TCM version 1.0.85 has been released 9/8 - check to see whether it resolves any issues

To update: Settings/System/System update/Check now

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Build 85 fixed it, at least for me and my Directv provider login!

clap_hands_105px.gif

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Vachon321
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

It's a miracle. It may have been fixed. I just successfully started a movie. FINGERS CROSSED!

0 Kudos
bijoudarma
Reel Rookie

Re: Are you being returned to Home screen after selecting a channel?

Jump to solution

Channel is working perfectly now!

0 Kudos
ZDavidS4

Jump to solution

Same thing is happening to me.  When I click on the (needlessly changed) icon, it starts to load but then vanishes.  

0 Kudos
ZDavidS4

Jump to solution

Same thing happened to me today. When I click on the (needlessly changed) icon, it allows me to login and starts loading but then immediately vanishes. 

0 Kudos
dfc
Binge Watcher

Re: Watch TCM issue fixed 09/09/2021 with ver 1.0 build 85.

Jump to solution

Watch TCM is now working. Make sure you're running Watch TCM Ver 1.0 Build 85. If not then upgrade the app. Watch TCM working on all my Rokus - 3810x and 3800x.

Ted2929

Jump to solution

Same problem. I’ve watched the TCM App forever. I’ve had a Roku TV for a few years. And used a Roku stick before that. Now, nothing will stream on Roku. I just had a Spectrum cable tech here and he couldn’t get TCM App to work either. I have TCM on cable box and no problem with that. But app isn’t working properly. When I deleted App and then tried to reinstall it, when I tried to verify that I was a subscriber with Spectrum, a message came up that said it couldn’t verify that I had TCM as part of my cable account, which is wrong, verified by other Spectrum reps. This problem is confusing. Who should I contact, Roku or TCM? Spectrum said it’s not their problem. If anyone has successfully resolved this problem, please share solution. Spectrum reps said they’re trying to get Roku and/or TCM to fix this issue. I appreciate that they are trying to help! 

0 Kudos
Jennajon
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I was never able to get this fixed--but here is the workaround I have to use in order to watch the "new (cough)" TCM app on a Roku TV.

Had to install a Roku Ultra in order to utilize TCM app through Spectrum. It is a PIA to be sure, but at least I can watch movies through the TCM app on a ROKU TV.

TCM has righteously borked this app so many times, still has issues with playback and fast forwarding not to mention the most often broken Watchlist that I have begun to wean myself off this channel in total.

Hope this workaround is doable for you.  Best Wishes.

0 Kudos