Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MNMOXIE11
Level 7

TCL Roku TV and Directv remotes

There was a recent update to our TCL Roku TVs where the Directv remotes no longer work for volume control - power, muting, etc still work. I did reach out to roku support and they replied saying the remotes no longer work but are working on a solution. Odd that only volume was affected.

Has anyone else had/have this issue?
0 Kudos
13 Replies
MNMOXIE11
Level 7

Re: TCL Roku TV and Directv remotes

Bump!!!  Looks like user name JonnyBravo has some issues as well.  Anyone else having issues with the latest Roku TV software update?
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 10

What model of Directv remote?
0 Kudos
MNMOXIE11
Level 7

RC64 - I was playing with the remote last night and what’s really odd is if I aim it about 5 feet above the right corner of the tv I can get the volume control to work - intermittently. It the ONLY area/direction I can get it to work
0 Kudos
amaznjohn
Level 7

I have a Hitachi Roku TV and Directv with the same issue. I called Roku support and they are aware of the issue. Supposedly they are addressing it, but who knows for sure?
0 Kudos
Jayaro
Level 7

I have an Insignia Roku Tv 1080p - seems to be unaffected by the 8.1 update. Input (which isn't on Roku's own remotes) still works fine.
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 10

Anyone with White directv remote, try the following:

1. tv
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks, release
3. enter 9 6 3
4. press CH DOWN

Try the volume keys.
0 Kudos
mldavis2
Level 7

I just installed a TCL TV (55R615) with built-in Roku and using DirecTV satellite and RC73 remote yesterday Aug 16.  I was able to find TCL listed as a TV when trying to pair the RC73 remote, and they had me try several different pairing choices from the menu until I worked down to about the 4th or 5th one.  But when I turn the TV and receiver ON with the RC73, I get the home screen from Roku but the Select button does not work with the RC73.  So I have to put down the RC73, pickup the TCL remote or pickup my cell phone and use the Roku mobile app to Select the TV as the display device.

So has anyone else had that problem?
Did I choose the wrong pairing (the volume test worked)?
Is there any way to have the TV turn on as the default without having to navigate through the Roku home screen?

Update:  the 9-6-3 pairing suggested above does work with my RC73 remote but it does NOT control the arrow keys or OK to select the TV as input device on the opening Home screen.  No difference from the menu pairing I used at first.
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 10

Try pressing and holding the Enter key, left of the zero.  That should be the input command.
0 Kudos
mldavis2
Level 7

The Enter key on the RC73 is bottom right.  Bottom left is the "--" key.  I'm still unable to get off the Home Roku screen without using the TCL remote or my mobile Roku app.
0 Kudos