Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

TCL ROKU TV YouTube TV hangs/won’t stream properly

Hello,

I have a new-ish TCL ROKU TV model 55S425, and I installed YouTube TV 6 months ago. No issues. 

All of a sudden, it wouldn’t launch last night and I got several different error messages including “network not available try again later” etc. I have performed a whole host of steps  including 1) power on off restarts 2) app uninstalls and reinstalls 3) network resets. And I have also tried those steps in different order. Nothing is working. It will launch now with an extremely slow response time and then play for a little while and then hang up. 

I have also checked the internet connections and reset them  the TV itself says the signal is “Excellent”. I have also checked the latest TV firmware update, which occurred this morning. 

PLEASE NOTE: The app works perfectly fine on all of my other TVs (3) which have Amazon Fire Sticks  also perfect on my iPad and iPhone. All other apps work perfectly  

Can you please help here? Happy to get on a call. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: TCL ROKU TV YouTube TV hangs/won’t stream properly

What Roku software version is running on your TV? Lots of complaints about YouTube and YouTube TV from people who have received the update to Roku 9.3 that's been rolling out the last several weeks.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: TCL ROKU TV YouTube TV hangs/won’t stream properly

So this is a known issue? The TV just isn't getting as good a WiFi signal and speed as it should (tested area from other devices), and every few days it seems I encounter an issue. I did the software update when the TV was first installed. Hopefully a fix is coming soon?

0 Kudos