Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

TCL Channel show on roku web as installed, but not on device home screen

Doing the factory reset did not work for me nor a System Update. The TCL Channel still shows up on the Roku WEb and not the Device.  The TCL channel was on the device for a few weeks but I had an internet outage for a few days about 2 weeks ago.  It is possible something is now corrupted on the device that factory reset or system update will not fix.   Or there is a conflict with other "TCL" channels (The Chapel Life and Texas Collegiate L...?).  Maybe it will straighten out in a couple of months.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Level 7

Re: Channels show on roku web as installed, but not on device home screen

I forgot to mention that the TCL Channel no longer shows up in the list of channels to select on the Roku device. It only shows up on the Roku Web.

0 Kudos
Level 19

@crbaxter01 wrote:

I forgot to mention that the TCL Channel no longer shows up in the list of channels to select on the Roku device. It only shows up on the Roku Web.

This typically means the channel is not compatible with your Roku.  Perhaps TCL updated their channel app to take advantage of advancements in later Roku models and now will not run on some older models.  What model Roku are you using (Settings > System > About)?

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Level 19

Me again Smiley Happy

I never knew TCL had their own channel so I checked it out and installed it from the website.

TCL did not immediately install to my Streaming Stick+ so I did a manual update (Settings > System > System update > Check now) but that showed everything was up to date and didn't install TCL.  The Channel store on the website still shows it as installed.

I then checked the Streaming Channels from the Roku home screen and searched for TCL. It was not found in the search.

My Streaming Stick+ is a current model running 9.4.0-4200 and should be compatible with any current channel.

I then checked my other two connected Rokus.  TCL won't install on my Streaming Stick, but it DID install to my TCL Roku TV.

So perhaps this only will install on actual TCL equipment?

@RokuDanny-R- Please have someone check out the Channel Store listing for TLC Channel: https://channelstore.roku.com/details/42fb6f6feea0b2d5c0d0a19f7f44835f/tcl-channel.  If it really will only install on TCL equipment, or just on Roku TVs, it should say that in the Channel Store listing.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Just a followup. The TCL Channel is now showing up on my Roku stick.  I think it reappeared in the past day or so.  So whatever happened, update or otherwise, thanks.

0 Kudos
Level 19

It's there on both of my non-TCL installations as well.
0 Kudos