Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tvuser
Level 7

TCL 55" Roku media player wrong audio

Hello,

I recently got a TCL 55" 55R617 and I'm having difficulties with playing certain audio tracks of .mkv files with Roku media player. Some of my files the Roku media player will default to a certain audio track which often is the wrong track and it will not allow me to change the audio track even if more languages exist in the file. Also there are files I have where if there are 2 English audio channels (one is narration in English) it will only see the wrong English track, I can change the audio channel to other languages but it only sees one of the two English channels. I am playing my files from a hard drive connected to the TV. Is there anything I can do or any workarounds to be able to watch these files with the correct audio channel?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Bluecrabby
Level 7

Re: TCL 55" Roku media player wrong audio

I am also having this issue with my TCL 65R617. A MKV file I played from a connected HDD defaulted to Portugeuse (I think?) and the audio options menu shows no alternate audio tracks available. The same file plays with the default English track on VLC. Has anyone found a resolution to this??
0 Kudos

Re: TCL 55" Roku media player wrong audio

I'm having the same issue. I reached out to TCL Support and this is what they said:

We are sorry if you cannot change the audio track from the Options menu. We understand how important this function is especially if you are playing a multi-track content. It is just that the feature is available only when your TV is producing sound through a Roku TV Wireless Speakers.

WHAT?! This makes absolutely no sense. This is super basic functionality and should be available regardless of audio output.
0 Kudos