Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

TCL 4 Series and Apple TV

Jump to solution

I have a Sharp Roku TV (LC-50LBU591U) that has the Apple TV Channel on it, however until recently my Roku Streaming Stick (3600 series) did not have the Apple TV Channel. I'm looking into getting another Roku TV for my living room and would prefer that it have Apple TV as well. Currently I am looking at the TCL 4 Series (either the 55S425 or the 65S425) since those are cheaper options and was wondering if those TVs had the Apple TV Channel on them as well. I already found the information page where it says the Roku TVs with model numbers 7000X, C000X, 8000X, A000X are supported, however neither my Sharp TV nor the TCL TVs seem to follow that number format so I'm a bit confused trying to figure this out on my own. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: TCL 4 Series and Apple TV

Jump to solution

@abyers9530  Thanks for reaching out! The model series numbers referenced in our support article are listed in Settings>System>About on each TV.

The TCL series you've mentioned in this case would be supported. That TCL model number, 55S425, has been used for both 7000X and C000X model series TVs. You can also contact any specific Roku TV manufacturer directly for more information about any of their TVs, including verifying model numbers. 

Let us know if you need any further help! 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: TCL 4 Series and Apple TV

Jump to solution

@abyers9530  Thanks for reaching out! The model series numbers referenced in our support article are listed in Settings>System>About on each TV.

The TCL series you've mentioned in this case would be supported. That TCL model number, 55S425, has been used for both 7000X and C000X model series TVs. You can also contact any specific Roku TV manufacturer directly for more information about any of their TVs, including verifying model numbers. 

Let us know if you need any further help! 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos