Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
martinmca
Level 8

TBS Activation

Is anyone else having issues getting TBS to activate?
15 Replies
Basil
Level 10

Re: TBS Activation

"martinmca" wrote:
Is anyone else having issues getting TBS to activate?

Perhaps if you explained the issue in detail. I can't get it to activate for me, but that's because my content provider (Hulu with Live TV) isn't on the list of providers for the app. But there's nothing in your question for us to know if it's that or something else.

So, if you'd offer details on what you're encountering, perhaps we can better troubleshoot. Describe what's happening.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
martinmca
Level 8

It's quite simple actually.  The tbs.com/activate screen comes up.  I go to the computer and put in the code and sign into my tv provider (xfinity) and then it comes up as authenticated but the screen on the TV never changes, therefore never going to the TBS program.  Been trying for three days now.  Even reloaded the TBS app on the ROKU.  Still nothing.  Any ideas?
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

Try these steps, in this order.

Remove the TBS app. 

Reboot the Roku (important!). 

Re-install the app.

From your browser, log in to Comcast. (This will eliminate any issues caused by delays during the Comcast login process.)

Access the app on the Roku and try the activation steps again.
Basil
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
0 Kudos
Jessdog
Level 7

I have the same problem, just tried fix, still stuck on activation code screen.
0 Kudos
Jessdog
Level 7

Not Comcast, we have DirecTv - seems to be problem with Roku receiving activation confirmation.
0 Kudos
Jessdog
Level 7

TNT also same problem.
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

I just added WatchTBS from the Channel Store on my Roku Ultra (model 4660).

After selecting Accept Terms, I navigated to the Settings icon, then clicked on Sign In.

I opened a browser, and logged in to a family member's Comcast account (for the purposes of this test). I then opened a new tab, and in accordance with the instructions on the Roku screen, went to http://tbs.com/activate

From the Activate Device screen, I selected Roku and clicked Continue.

I was presented with a screen to enter the Activation Code. I entered the code on that screen and clicked Submit.

From the popup, I selected Xfinity. The screen redirected to a Comcast page, briefly showed a message that it had authenticated, then returned to the TBS page with the response:

[center:2j37t1s9]Authenticated![/center:2j37t1s9]

[center:2j37t1s9]You have successfully authenticated with the provided registration code. You may proceed with using your Roku.[/center:2j37t1s9]

Double check the steps you took to ensure that yours are in line with mine. Just check carefully to ensure you didn't miss anything that "shouldn't have mattered."

If you got any response different than what I got -- ANY RESPONSE -- or any variation in what you're asked to enter -- anything more or anything less -- we need to examine that step and see what went wrong. Your experience should have been exactly as was mine. So, wherever things differed, that's where we need to focus.
Basil
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
0 Kudos
Jessdog
Level 7

Hello Basil, thank you for responding!  Here are your instructions that I followed, with my notes (TBS still not working on Roku stuck on activation code screen):

I just added WatchTBS from the Channel Store on my Roku (STREAMING STICK PURPLE) Ultra (model 4660).

After selecting Accept Terms, I navigated to the Settings icon, then clicked on Sign In.

I opened a browser (SAFARI ON MY IPAD PRO), and logged in to a (MY DIRECTV ACCT) family member's Comcast account (for the purposes of this test). I then opened a new tab, and in accordance with the instructions on the Roku screen, went to http://tbs.com/activate

From the Activate Device screen, I selected Roku and clicked Continue.

I was presented with a screen to enter the Activation Code. I entered the code on that screen and clicked Submit.

From the popup, I selected (DIRECTV) Xfinity. The screen redirected to a (DIRECTV) Comcast page, (EVEN THOUGH LOGGED IN TO DIRECTV ON OTHER TAB, I HAD TO ENTER DIRECTV LOGIN AGAIN) briefly showed a message that it had authenticated, then returned to the TBS page with the response:

[centerSmiley Tongue66c01gv]Authenticated![/centerSmiley Tongue66c01gv]
[centerSmiley Tongue66c01gv]You have successfully authenticated with the provided registration code. You may proceed with using your Roku.[/centerSmiley Tongue66c01gv]
0 Kudos
Jessdog
Level 7

I also had previously deleted the TBS app, restarted Roku then added it again from the channel Store.
0 Kudos