Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carney3
Level 7

TBN / Smile of a Child question

I've directly contacted TBN and Roku support on this plus searched the forums. Can't find the answer I need with 100% certainty.

Our cable carrier removed Smile of a Child from our lineup so we are considering Roku as a solution.

I know Roku carries TBN content including SOAC. My question is: does Roku carry SOAC 24/7 as its own channel?
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Dick_Drivel
Level 7

Re: TBN / Smile of a Child question

I can confirm that SOAC is available free as what appears to be a separate channel under the main TBN app. There is no reason to assume that it wouldn't run 24/7. Like Netflix it starts fuzzy, but then gets clearer after about 30 seconds or so.
There are 281 religious stations on Roku, so you are bound to find others that may interest you.
0 Kudos
Carney3
Level 7

"Dick Drivel" wrote:
I can confirm that SOAC is available free as what appears to be a separate channel under the main TBN app. There is no reason to assume that it wouldn't run 24/7. Like Netflix it starts fuzzy, but then gets clearer after about 30 seconds or so.
There are 281 religious stations on Roku, so you are bound to find others that may interest you.

Thanks very much!
0 Kudos
Dick_Drivel
Level 7

"Carney3" wrote:
"**** Drivel" wrote:

Thanks very much!

You're welcome. If it turns out that SOAC is not on 24/7, which I doubt, you could always mail TBN and request that they keep it on.
0 Kudos
stargazr1976
Level 7

Smile of a child is available thru the ipoint television app for roku which is free and its also available on the skitter tv national plan that cost 5 bucks a month.
0 Kudos
thetick
Level 8

SOAC channel launched from the TBN Roku channels is the same feed as my SOAC on cable. It's 9:30PM and on so I'm guessing it's 24/7.
TheTick
Roku 3 for Pokémon TV / YouTube
PC / Chromecast for all other media because Roku Mirroring sucks and and the every day re-authenticating via PC required with the Roku.
Verizon FIOS
0 Kudos
mastermesh
Level 7

sad to see all these people paying for soac when they could be getting it free with fta satellite receiver... (fta receivers, or free-to-air receivers pick up unencrypted satellite channels)

http://www.global-cm.net/MPEGlistKuBandUS.html
97.0 West Galaxy 19
V-12177 3/4 23.000
4130 4131 SMILE OF A CHILD U.S. English-Children

nice to find out that it's on ipoint on roku too. will have to check that out.
http://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=46566&p=359897#p359897 -channel lists/tools
http://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=63553&p=409506#p409506 -fta
http://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=64096 -linear channels
0 Kudos
thetick
Level 8

"mastermesh" wrote:
sad to see all these people paying for soac when they could be getting it free with fta satellite receiver... (fta receivers, or free-to-air receivers pick up unencrypted satellite channels)

nice to find out that it's on ipoint on roku too. will have to check that out.

Huh? SOAC is FREE on the TBN Roku channel. No need for an expensive satellite. You can watch for free at the TBN website or with a Roku.
TheTick
Roku 3 for Pokémon TV / YouTube
PC / Chromecast for all other media because Roku Mirroring sucks and and the every day re-authenticating via PC required with the Roku.
Verizon FIOS
0 Kudos
nocable
Level 7

TBN just revamped their Roku Channel. I deleted the old TBN Roku channel, and added the new TBN Roku channel. It required me to register, but all they wanted me type in on their Roku channel site was a name and an e-mail address. No password, or having to register on a computer connection first.
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
Ultra & 3600
SPECTRUM - 100/10 Mbps

Favorite Roku Channels:
WEATHER4US
PLUTO TV
YOU TUBE
PLUTO TV
0 Kudos