Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jlanigan

Sync multiple TVs

I have three TV’s in my home bar and have a separate Roku on each. I use xfinity as my home cable and have the xfinity stream app loaded on my ROKU.  When I have the same game playing in all 3 tv’s they are all streaming about 10-20 seconds apart.  Is there a way to sync my 3 separate Roku’s to play at the same time?  

if I use the sports app it also buffers at a different time so it’s not just the xfinity app. 

8 REPLIES 8
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Sync multiple TVs

There is no way to synchronize them, sorry.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

Re: Sync multiple TVs

I can't believe this isn't already an option.  This can't be that hard to crack.  I can do this with music on my google home system, should be able to work on Roku devices just as easily.

FatElvis

How can you not sync multiple tvs ? This seems so basic.

Seriously, how is this not a feature ?  It seems relatively easy to add, and would encourage people to buy multiple Rokus.  I have two and want to watch the same football game in two rooms while doing housework, and I can't because one is about 5 seconds ahead of the other.  How hard is it to add a "sync" mode that keys both units into the latency and runs off the slowest stream ?

j78701

Re: How can you not sync multiple tvs ? This seems so basic.

Will anyone at ROkU please reply whether synchronization might be in the works?

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Roku never responds to what may be in the works.  They may mention something on their blog, but that's about it.

There is a place for suggestions:  Suggest a Feature | Roku Community | Roku

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

Re: Sync multiple TVs help

Did you ever find an answer? We have the same problem in our bar 

0 Kudos
cgc007

Re: Sync multiple TVs help

Best I can tell, currently this doesn't exist. You can try to fake it through the API and calling a stream start to multiple devices yourself, but I haven't gotten very far on this. Just thought of trying it this morning to sync Christmas Music throughout our house, but it didn't work very well.

0 Kudos

This is already a suggestion in their list. In fact, it comes right back to this thread.