Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tonyf

Syfy re-authenticate

I subscribe to Frontier communication as my cable provider and have been running the Syfy and history channels for several months. Now all of a sudden when I try and load shows I get the message that the channels need to be re-authenticated but there is no way to do it. All that shows is an error message and a try again button. 

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Syfy re-authenticate

@Tonyf 

Thanks for the note.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
stanleyZ

No, your advice to re-authentical does not work, but thanks.

0 Kudos

I hlave been watching Resident Alien on here for weeks. I havr syfy on my direct tv package amd thus far havent had any issues. Now all of a sudden its saying error and wont play syfy! Ugh! When i contacted roku on the chat they said that I dont have a subsricption to syfy channel but I do through direct tv. So why is it not working?!

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Hillbillybull,

Thanks for the post.

If the issue is only with the channel alone, this is a good indication that there likely an issue within that specific channel that will need to be addressed with an update from the channel publisher. Channels on Roku are created and maintained by each channel publisher. In this case, you'll want to reach out to that channel publisher directly to share your feedback. 

For more information about these services, including their availability on the Roku platform, you'll want to contact DirecTV or AT&T TV support: https://www.att.com/support/contact-us/directv/

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
RichCo
Reel Rookie

Re: Syfy re-authenticate - a solution

It's painful, but System-Advanced system settings-Factory reset got my SYFY to stop with the reauthentication error.

0 Kudos