Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeBack2
Level 8

Switching CBS All Access Accounts

Jump to solution

I've had CBS All Access billed through roku. I saw that CBS now offers a 50% discount if you prepay for a year. I tried to sign up for the plan through roku but couldn't get the discount. I created a new plan directly through cbs with a different email address but I'm unable to sign into the new account through roku. I'm still on my new free trial. If I can sign up for the discounted plan through roku, I would. Otherwise, how do i switch to my new account? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StreamerUser
Level 16

Re: Switching CBS All Access Accounts

Jump to solution

Make sure you RESTART your Roku after removing the app, but before reinstalling:

1) Remove app

2) Restart Roku

3) Re-install app

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AvsGunnar
Level 10

Jump to solution

Whenever a Channel is a stand-alone channel (ie CBS All Access), you have to install the CBS All Access Channel on your Roku, launch it, and log in there with the login credentials provided to you by CBS All Access.  These creds will not work with CBS All Access on the Roku Channel subscription and vice versa.  These are completely different subscriptions/accounts. (same content, just different accounts)

In order to avoid being charged for both subscriptions further, you need to cancel one.  In your case, you want to cancel the CBS All Access Channel on the Roku Channel.

Easiest method is to go to https://www.roku.com/ ,    login to your Roku Account Dashboard (My Account), and select Manage Subscriptions.  Here you can cancel your subscription. (Now, I don't think these subs are pro-rated, not sure, so will prob stay active until next billing cycle in which it won't renew since you cancelled it.)  

0 Kudos
MikeBack2
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I cancelled my roku CBS subscription. I uninstalled the cbs all access app and reinstalled it. It still brings up my old roku account as a default and won't let me log in to the new one. Any thoughts? 

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 16

Jump to solution

Make sure you RESTART your Roku after removing the app, but before reinstalling:

1) Remove app

2) Restart Roku

3) Re-install app

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 20

Jump to solution

I don't have CBS All Access so I can't give details but ...

See if you can find where in the app you can sign out / exit/ disconnect from your account.  Could be under something called Settings, Account, etc.

Once signed out, you should then be able to sign back in, this time to your new account.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
MikeBack2
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thanks! The reboot before installation did the trick. BTW, for those interested, the 50% discount code is paramountplus and is good for a few more days. Your annual subscription will rollover to paramount+.

Dmichaletz
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am so confused.  I had CBS unlimited billed thru Roku, last night looking for it the app for CBS disappeared, so I installed again but my Roku sign in won't work.  Today I looked at the billing from Roku and it says Paramont instead of CBS I was billed a couple days ago for but can't get CBS unlimited. Roku doesn't have a phone number to call and is frustrating - so can I get CBS unlimited yet, I paid for the amount?  Is CBS not Paramont instead & I have to do something different?  Thanks

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 16

Jump to solution

@Dmichaletz wrote:

I am so confused.  I had CBS unlimited billed thru Roku, last night looking for it the app for CBS disappeared, so I installed again but my Roku sign in won't work.  Today I looked at the billing from Roku and it says Paramont instead of CBS I was billed a couple days ago for but can't get CBS unlimited. Roku doesn't have a phone number to call and is frustrating - so can I get CBS unlimited yet, I paid for the amount?  Is CBS not Paramont instead & I have to do something different?  Thanks

CBS All Access is now Paramount+ (they changed the name).

Try updating your Roku (Settings/System/System update/Check now) and using the Paramount+ app from now on.