Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Switched tv providers! Need help!

I have switched tv providers from spectrum to dish. My roku won’t allow me to watch the channels I have downloaded bc it’s still connected with spectrum. How do I switch it to dish? I’ve tried deleting the app and adding it back. I’ve looked under settings, on my roku app, everywhere! Send help now!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: Switched tv providers! Need help!

When you deleted the channel(s), did you reboot the Roku? If not, you didn't completely remove all the data, and that would explain the problem.

I personally don't use any such channel (I have no TV provider) so I'm uncertain if the channels themselves have any internal settings menu that allows you to log out of the current account. Many channels do, such as Disney+ or Prime Video. Worth digging within the channel itself. Of course, if you can't get into the channel because of the invalid user account, the delete and reboot should clear it up.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

How do I reboot it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

How do I reboot it

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

Two ways: from the Settings menu, find System Restart. On my Sharp Roku TV next to me, it's under Settings/System/Power/System Restart. The other way is to simply remove the power for about 15 seconds, then plug it back in.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

I factory reset it and went thru all the steps to get it set back up and it still has me connected to spectrum

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

OK, that's strange. I would not have expected a factory reset to still have that info. When you log into your Roku account on their web site (https://my.roku.com) is there anything there linking those channels to a provider? If not, perhaps @RokuDanny-R can assist.

Dan
0 Kudos