Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akent35
Level 7

Switch "Easily" Between Apps?

I have a Roku 4661R player connected on our Samsung 46" HD TV.  We also subscribe to Comcast for TV, Internet, and Landline phone services.  Comcast has a beta version of their XFinity Stream app, and I already downloaded form the Roku "store".  For the most part, it works fine.  But it would be nice if there was/is an easier way to "switch" from one show to another.  Let me explain.

My wife is the one who will be using the Roku device, and I just recently resolved the "issue" of having Korean Dramas be the "default" (actually Recommended) screen that is displayed after starting up YouTube.  That works fine.  But as part of our TV package with Comcast, we have a separate Korean channel.  Right now, using the Comcast box/remote, it is a rather simple matter to switch from a video on YouTube that my wife is watching to that channel.  At worst, if she switches back to Comcast, and another channel is displaying, she can just enter the channel number on the Comcast remote (unfortunately the Roku device does not have a numeric keypad).

Using the Roku device, the way one can switch is to press the Home button, select the Xfinity app from the Roku menu, select Live TV from the Xfinity app, and then go to favorites, where I have that Korean channel included.  It would be "nice" if there was an easier way for one to switch "directly" from a YouTube video to that Korean channel in a more "direct" fashion.  Is that possible?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
DBDukes
Level 9

Re: Switch "Easily" Between Apps?

"akent35" wrote:
I have a Roku 4661R player connected on our Samsung 46" HD TV.  We also subscribe to Comcast for TV, Internet, and Landline phone services.  Comcast has a beta version of their XFinity Stream app, and I already downloaded form the Roku "store".  For the most part, it works fine.  But it would be nice if there was/is an easier way to "switch" from one show to another.  Let me explain.

My wife is the one who will be using the Roku device, and I just recently resolved the "issue" of having Korean Dramas be the "default" (actually Recommended) screen that is displayed after starting up YouTube.  That works fine.  But as part of our TV package with Comcast, we have a separate Korean channel.  Right now, using the Comcast box/remote, it is a rather simple matter to switch from a video on YouTube that my wife is watching to that channel.  At worst, if she switches back to Comcast, and another channel is displaying, she can just enter the channel number on the Comcast remote (unfortunately the Roku device does not have a numeric keypad).

Using the Roku device, the way one can switch is to press the Home button, select the Xfinity app from the Roku menu, select Live TV from the Xfinity app, and then go to favorites, where I have that Korean channel included.  It would be "nice" if there was an easier way for one to switch "directly" from a YouTube video to that Korean channel in a more "direct" fashion.  Is that possible?

No. the Favorites is the only way.

Well, you can click the Options button on your remote (the asterisk * button) and use the Find A Channel option to key in the channel number. Or spell it out. But Favorites is quicker.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
jmsnyc
Level 7

Might seem like a stupid question but how do you add favorites in the Xfinity app?
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

"jmsnyc" wrote:
Might seem like a stupid question but how do you add favorites in the Xfinity app?

You know when you select the show to play, your options are Watch, Favorite, or Movie/Series Info? Well, guess what Favorite does.
DBDukes
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
akent35
Level 7

"DBDukes" wrote:
"akent35" wrote:

No. the Favorites is the only way.

Well, you can click the Options button on your remote (the asterisk * button) and use the Find A Channel option to key in the channel number. Or spell it out. But Favorites is quicker.

Yeah, I suspect the Favorites is the only way.  I actually did try your other selection, but it was mot as "clean" as using Favorites.  Of course the Xfinity streaming app is still in beta, with a permanent release scheduled for February 28th.  But doubt things would change much.

Just wish the Roku device had a numeric keypad!
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

"akent35" wrote:
Yeah, I suspect the Favorites is the only way.  I actually did try your other selection, but it was mot as "clean" as using Favorites.  Of course the Xfinity streaming app is still in beta, with a permanent release scheduled for February 28th.  But doubt things would change much.

Just wish the Roku device had a numeric keypad!

Have you tried the app on your iPhone/Android?
DBDukes
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos