Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steiner
Level 7

Surround sound for Youtube TV?

I watch YouTube TV through ROKU.  Is there any way to have the signal for a YouTube movie in surround sound for my home theater?

2 REPLIES 2\
Pete1tod
Level 7

Re: Surround sound for Youtube TV?

No. YouTube TV only streams PCM stereo and sounds terrible! TG I discovered this early in the free trial period. I'm still searching for a streaming service that can clearly under cut cable costs AND provide the same audio and video performance. Cutting the cable is not simple or cheaper!

0 Kudos
SD493488
Level 9

Re: Surround sound for Youtube TV?

Restarting an old thread. The main reason I do not switch from Dish Network to YouTube TV is this.  I get Dolby Digital on a large percentage of the channels I recieve through Dish.  I have invested a good bit in a receiver and speakers, so reverting in sound quality is not an option--even though going to YouTubeTV (they have the best line up of channels I actually watch among the streaming services and the best cloud DVR)  would save me money  Come on YouTube TV. This is 2021.

0 Kudos