Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stevid1
Level 7

Sundance on AMC and Roku Chsnnel

Jump to solution

I subscribed to Sundance+ via The Roku Channel.  I have been getting billed by Roku for this.  In the past week every time I login to Sundance plus I get a message that I have to now start paying AMC $8.99 a month to see the show(The Bureau) Further, sometimes when I go to Roku Channel and look at the episodes for the show I see duplicate blocks for the same season and same episode.It seems there’s a difference if I hit the Sundance now button as opposed to going to the Roku channel button and looking for Sundance. Why is this so? How do I make this a simpler process to see the shows I am paying for. Am I expected to pay an additional fee to AMC for this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Sundance on AMC and Roku Chsnnel

Jump to solution

@Stevid1

Thanks for the post.

If you have a subscription via The Roku Channel, then you will only be able to access that content through The Roku Channel. You will be unable access content on that channel by the provider directly.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Stevid1

Thanks for the post.

If you have a subscription via The Roku Channel, then you will only be able to access that content through The Roku Channel. You will be unable access content on that channel by the provider directly.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Your subscription through Roku is with Roku, not Sundance, so it is not recognized by Sundance's own app.  If you prefer to access via the Sundance app instead of through The Roku Channel, unsubscribe from your Roku Sundance subscription and then subscrlbe directly with Sundance via their website. 

When you unsubscribe, this stops the original subscription from auto-renewing when the pre-paid subscription period runs out -- until that happens you will still have use of the original subscription.  To avoid double paying, don't subscribe directly with the channel until the original subscription runs out.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
C_I
Level 12

Jump to solution

@makaiguy wrote:

Your subscription through Roku is with Roku, not Sundance, so it is not recognized by Sundance's own app.  If you prefer to access via the Sundance app instead of through The Roku Channel, unsubscribe from your Roku Sundance subscription and then subscrlbe directly with Sundance via their website. 

When you unsubscribe, this stops the original subscription from auto-renewing when the pre-paid subscription period runs out -- until that happens you will still have use of the original subscription.  To avoid double paying, don't subscribe directly with the channel until the original subscription runs out.

The important caveat is if you want to pay AMC+ or Sundance+ directly, then you need to install those two channels and subscribe directly through those channels,. But if you subscribe to these via the Roku Channel, then you need to access those directly through the Roku Channel. 

0 Kudos