Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Sundance Now Activation Fail

Jump to solution

I was so frustrated I canceled it and my CC gave me a full refund.  You can try that. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

As mentioned throughout this thread, for more information about Sundance Now's account authentication and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Yea, I think the solution is to chuck BOTH Sundance Now and Roku. It seems that Sundance Now doesn't care once they have your money and Roku is not quite as big a player as it once was (e.g. HBO Max doesn't have a Roku app). No point in theorizing that "it's SN's fault", get something that works.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Good news - or at least progress.  Sundance finally responded on my ticket and nudges a couple of days ago and we've been exchanging details of the issue.  I have an email this morning saying they've identified the source of the issue and should have an update soon.  I'll post more as I get it.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

That's promising news. Sundance had been more responsive over the past week, but none of their suggestions have helped (including the tedious process of resetting Roku.) 

I noticed that Roku did an automatic update in late June. It's probably more than a coincidence that my problems with Sundance began around then. 

To those who have quit Roku entirely, that's a bit extreme to me. I've been streaming through Roku for about 3 years, and this Sundance problem is the first I've had. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

19097media: Really? All they do is keep sending me the same email, over and over, asking if my issue has been resolved and, if not, then to contact them. Nice scheme. Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Got an email from SN advising me to update the app. Did it and it now works--at last! 

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Thanks for the heads up as they haven't gotten back to me yet.  I've just tried it and it works for me too!  Now to argue for 2 weeks extension to my annual subscription for the lost time!  :-) 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Worked for me too.  Now I'm going to wait and see how long before Sundance contacts me to tell me its working

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

I got the email a couple of hours ago.  “Thank you for your patience” ....... 🤣

0 Kudos