Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Sundance Now Activation Fail

Jump to solution

Has anyone had an issue activating their Sundance Now account through Roku. It was working fine and then all of a sudden, about a week ago, when I go into the SN app I am asked to log in to activate my account. Regardless of whether I choose to use the device itself or authorize through a browser the Roku fails to authenticate. All that happens is I am returned to the Roku Home page. 

I know the credentials I am entering are correct as I can log in to my account through a browser, it's just the Roku that won't authorize. I've tried contacting Sundance Now support via email but there is no response.

BTW, this is with a 28" TCL Roku TV, but I've also tried it with my Roku Ultra. I have also deleted and reinstalled the SN app, to no avail.

Any info would be appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Sundance Now Activation Fail

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

As mentioned throughout this thread, for more information about Sundance Now's account authentication and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
23 Replies
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Yes, exact same issue starting last week.  Also no response from Sundance.  And if you enter a wrong password you get a different error message so credentials are correct. Activation through the website also fails with the app closing and bouncing back to Roku home screen.  Not sure where to turn next. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same issue here.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

19097Media, MikeyC, thanks for the info, good to know it's not just me.

My guess is Sundance is going to point the finger at Roku and stick its head in the sand, ignoring all customer complaints. Unfortunately, I paid for a year in advance with my CC so I can't dispute the charge, and I'm sure Sundance is banking on the fact it won't be worth most subscribers' time to complain through other channels (no pun intended), whatever they may be.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Same problem here. Cannot watch on my tv, but it works on iPad. Sent an email to Sundance support last Saturday and another yesterday but the **bleep**ers are stonewalling me. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

I guess we all need to raise a Roku ticket too then.  It does work on my iPad and PC so maybe it’s a Roku problem. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

As an update, I logged a ticket with Roku last night and already have a response this morning (Sundance customer service should take note!).  Unfortunately, the response indicates that I've taken all the troubleshooting actions Roku support would recommend and need to refer it to Sundance support. I've responded asking if they can use some inner-channel to Sundance to highlight it since several of us have already contacted Sundance more than once with no response (for a week now in my case).  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thanks for your efforts. Whether the issue is with Sundance or Roku, it does not excuse Sundance's failure to respond to the problem, either with personal or group emails. If issue is not resolved very soon, I'll reluctantly watch the new season of The Bureau on iPad and then cancel my subscription which I recently renewed for an entire year.

btw, I have some phone numbers:  Sundance Now, 212 324-8500 (corporate)   Roku, 816 272-8106 (tech)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Agree completely. They could have just responded and said "It's a Roku problem", at least Roku extended us that courtesy.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I solved the problem.   I chucked the Roku into the trash and got an NVidia Shield TV.  I had other issues with the Roku, especially streaming full 4k streams from my Plex server because the ethernet port speed just can't handle it.   Whoever made the bonehead decision to make the ethernet port on the Roku 100mbps should be fired.   Seriously, do they think this is 1995?  Gigabit Ethernet has been around for at least a decade and an half.   So long Roku...was nice knowin' ya

0 Kudos