Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
the5thbeatle
Level 8

Suddenly, Olympic Channel Doesn't Work

I watch the Olympic Channel on my Roku, or at least I did, until a few days ago.
For the past few days, when I try to watch that channel I get the message:
"Roku Olympic channel connection timed out (-2)". 

After reading about this problem online, in Roku settings I turned off the Bandwidth Saver. That didn't change the fact I can't get the Olympic Channel to play. Next, I dumped the channel from my Roku, and reinstalled it, but that hasn't changed anything either.
I'm still getting that error, and I can't watch the Olympic Channel.

What more do I need to do, to be able to watch the Olympic Channel on my Roku again?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Suddenly, Olympic Channel Doesn't Work

Hey @the5thbeatle

Thanks for letting us know all that you've done.

By any chance, have you restarted your Roku device before re-installing the channel? That step is critical when performing the troubleshooting step. We suggest you try removing the Olympic channel again > restart your device > add the channel back in.

Please keep us posted if there's any difference after. 

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Jkress
Level 7

I'm trying to watch the Olympic Channel Tokyo replay. I pick an event and then it goes to a 30-second commercial. Once the commercial was done it comes up. A problem was encountered during the video playback. The specific  error message is and then it says an unexpected problem has been detected - 3. 

I removed the Olympic Channel then we started the Roku and in the channel again tried it and it comes up the same thing.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Jkress

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos