Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pinegrovedave
Level 7

Suddenly Netflix and Amazon Prime Won't Work On Roku

Jump to solution

OK,

Been a Roku user for 8 months now. We have 2 Roku Ultras. Everything has been fine until today. Suddenly cannot play Netflix or Amazon Prime. Tried removing the channel, rebooting the ultras, reinstalling the channels...no joy. This is a Roku issue as it is happening on both our boxes. Need help/suggestions please. Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pinegrovedave
Level 7

Re: Suddenly Netflix and Amazon Prime Won't Work On Roku

Jump to solution

After some fiddling around with adding/removing/rebooting we finally got it working. Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Seascape
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same here, as of yesterday morning (July 3, 2020) can't get Netflix to load up. We have an older Roku box, model 2500X, 2013. Maybe that is the problem? We called Netflix who told us to call our internet provider, Comcast, who told us to call Roku. No luck there, they don't have phone support.

0 Kudos
mourip
Level 8

Jump to solution

July 2020

Amazon Prime stopped working on our Roku2 a couple of weeks ago. It works on our 7 year old Apple TV and on our computers. It hangs loading at 100% and then goes to a black screen. Once that happens we cannot load any other apps. If we reboot the Roku we can use Netflix. It worked perfectly the day before.

Yes. I have tried deleting Prime, rebooting and re-adding it. That does not solve the issue. 

Searching on the Internet shows many folks with this same issue.

Roku. What up?

...We will now probably e-cycle the Roku and just buy a new Apple TV.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@mourip 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the specific model of Roku 2 you have? Roku has multiple Roku 2 devices and some of them are no longer supported by the Netflix channel.

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
pinegrovedave
Level 7

Jump to solution

After some fiddling around with adding/removing/rebooting we finally got it working. Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
mourip
Level 8

Jump to solution

"Can you please clarify the specific model of Roku 2 you have? Roku has multiple Roku 2 devices and some of them are no longer supported by the Netflix channel."

Thanks Danny, As stated above my issue is with Amazon Prime.

Roku 4210x with software version 9.30 build 4194-04

It worked two weeks ago and then just stopped. It loads until it says 100% then turns to a black screnn after which no other channels will work.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@mourip 

Thanks for the information.

As a last resort, we would recommend removing the Amazon Prime Video channel from your device, then trying to perform a factory reset on your device. Then once your device has been setup again, try adding the channel to see if your issue is resolved.

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
mourip
Level 8

Jump to solution

Did you actually ready my post?

"Yes. I have tried deleting Prime, rebooting and re-adding it. That does not solve the issue. "

I did that three times and it did not fix the issue.

0 Kudos
mourip
Level 8

Jump to solution

I will try the reset.

0 Kudos
AltonCruz
Level 7

Jump to solution

@mourip wrote:

July 2020

Amazon Prime stopped working on our Roku2 a couple of weeks ago. It works on our 7 year old Apple TV and on our computers. It hangs loading at 100% and then goes to a black screen. Once that happens we cannot load any other apps. If we reboot the Roku we can use Netflix. It worked perfectly the day before.

Yes. I have tried deleting Prime, rebooting and re-adding it. That does not solve the issue. 

Searching on the Internet shows many folks with this same issue.

Roku. What up?

...We will now probably e-cycle the Roku and just buy a new Apple TV.

yes i also having same problem....i agrreed with you..

0 Kudos