Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Galitxo
Level 7

Subtitles set to English but playing in Spanish

I just started having an issue with my Roku2. When I am watching netflix and there is a scene where a foreign language is spoken, subtitles appear on the screen. The subtitles are set for English but are now playing in Spanish. I have checked the settings on my Roku, tv, and even netflix and they are all set to English. Anyone else having this problem!? Help!
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Riley04
Level 7

Re: Subtitles set to English but playing in Spanish

Seems to be a problem with a few of us:

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=70890

If you can list your info in that thread, hopefully a solution is coming soon Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Buckeye911
Level 7

I knew this was a common issue but I thought it was limited to playing Orange Is the New Black on Netflix. Are you experiencing it with other programming? I've only noticed it on Orange Is the New Black when they are speaking a language other than English, subtitles appear in Spanish rather than English. Fortunately, I read Spanish well enough for it not to be much of an issue but it is a weird glitch.
0 Kudos
Heyitsrick
Level 10

"Galitxo" wrote:
I just started having an issue with my Roku2. When I am watching netflix and there is a scene where a foreign language is spoken, subtitles appear on the screen. The subtitles are set for English but are now playing in Spanish. I have checked the settings on my Roku, tv, and even netflix and they are all set to English. Anyone else having this problem!? Help!

See my report of a fix here: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=71093&start=0

The "fix" is to remove Netflix from your Roku box and then add the Netflix channel back in. Several users on reddit.com (see the link above) report that this has worked for them.
0 Kudos
timdaley
Level 7

I have a model 4640X -Roku Ultra Software 8.1.0 build 4145-29. I'm getting the same symptoms. Even though I have the subtitle language set to English, some of my AcornTV programs come up with Spanish subtitles. I have tried deleting AcornTV, pull the power plug, wait 30 seconds, power on, set up AcornTV, enter account information. I've tried the same with Netflix (as mentioned in this forum). I'm still having the same problem.
0 Kudos