Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kithytom
Reel Rookie

Subtitles on apple tv+ content

When playing some content on Apple TV+ app, some language subtitles are not available such as Simplified Chinese, Japanese and Korean. However this is not the case, when same content is playing on iOS, MacOS, and Apple TV, these language subtitles are available.

Does this mean Roku does not support these language subtitles due to character code limitation? A similar case like opening a Word document without these languages installed on the OS it will show unreadable code.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
harmstudio

Re: Subtitles on apple tv+ content

I believe so, I have the exact same issue, even now one year later.

I prefer to watch with Japanese subtitles which are available on iOS and PS5, but not available on Roku.

I wish they would fix this 😞

0 Kudos
harmstudio

Also! Disney+ has the exact same issue, Japanese subtitles available on all devices, except for Roku.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@harmstudio

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos