Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gargamelrr
Reel Rookie

How to turn Apple TV+ channel (app) subtitles on and off

Jump to solution

I couldn't find where i can turn on the subtitles and choose the preferred language for a specific show on the Apple TV+ channel. Is it even possible? 

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: How to turn Apple TV+ channel (app) subtitles on and off

Jump to solution

Hi there, 

Thanks for the note. These types of options can vary for every content title within a channel, depending on what the content provider has made available. For more help and information regarding subtitles and language options for content, you'll want to contact Apple support directly. You can reach them here: https://support.apple.com/contact

Thanks,

Tanner

Additional resources that you might find helpful:

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
LVKeith
Reel Rookie

Re: Re:the tree doesn’t seem to be a way to turn off subtitles Subtitles on apple tv+ channel

Jump to solution

By accident I found that pressing the down button during video playing brings up the subtitles menu at the top of the screen

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: How to turn Apple TV+ channel (app) subtitles on and off

Jump to solution

Hi there, 

Thanks for the note. These types of options can vary for every content title within a channel, depending on what the content provider has made available. For more help and information regarding subtitles and language options for content, you'll want to contact Apple support directly. You can reach them here: https://support.apple.com/contact

Thanks,

Tanner

Additional resources that you might find helpful:

0 Kudos
LVKeith
Reel Rookie

Re: Subtitles on apple tv+ channel

Jump to solution

I can tell you subtitles and captions are supposedly available for Apple TV content, but there is no way to turn them on or off in the app.  You can setup the size and format, but when playing content if you go to Options/Accessibility there is no way to activate the subtitles.  This is an Apple problem, but so far Apple support has not been helpful.  Hopefully in a short while Apple will get an update out for this app to address this problem. 

Vincent52

Re:the tree doesn’t seem to be a way to turn off subtitles Subtitles on apple tv+ channel

Jump to solution

LVKeith
Reel Rookie

Re: Re:the tree doesn’t seem to be a way to turn off subtitles Subtitles on apple tv+ channel

Jump to solution

By accident I found that pressing the down button during video playing brings up the subtitles menu at the top of the screen

gargamelrr
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

it worked! thanks

Draupadi913
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thank you! 😃

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thank you!!!!!!

0 Kudos
srmorris1

Jump to solution

Not all heroes wear capes 🙌

0 Kudos
BillB44

Re: Subtitles on apple tv+ channel

Jump to solution

Press the Down Arrow while watching video and it drops down an on-screen Subtitle/Closed Cpation menu!

0 Kudos