Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bradmoss
Level 7

Re: Subtitles not working with iPlayer anymore?

Roku DVP 4200EU
0 Kudos
Smithyhk
Level 7

"bradmoss" wrote:
Roku DVP 4200EU

Is that what it says in the Roku main menu under Settings>System>About ? (Not the iPlayer app)
0 Kudos
Smithyhk
Level 7

"Grand Total" wrote:
"bradmoss" wrote:
4200 and tried the beta just to see if that could solve the problem but not, it didn't Smiley Sad so reverted to standard

iPlayer version 4.6.172.1
Roku version 8.1.0 build 4145-04

Grand Total, can you advise what is your full model number also pls?
0 Kudos
Smithyhk
Level 7

By the way I have checked lounge, and our 2nd Roku 3 is actually a model 4230x, for which subtitles also don’t work.

What is more we also have an Apple TV 4K which now seems to have subtitle option on iPlayer after recent update. Those subtitles also don’t work. I can get subtitles on iPads.
0 Kudos
bradmoss
Level 7

Subtitles not working with Apple TV is a known issue: Source
0 Kudos
bradmoss
Level 7

"Smithyhk" wrote:
"bradmoss" wrote:
Roku DVP 4200EU

Is that what it says in the Roku main menu under Settings>System>About ? (Not the iPlayer app)

No, there it says 4200X
0 Kudos
Grand_Total
Level 7

"Smithyhk" wrote:
"Grand Total" wrote:
"bradmoss" wrote:
4200 and tried the beta just to see if that could solve the problem but not, it didn't Smiley Sad so reverted to standard

Settings->System->About says 4200X
iPlayer says DVP 4200EU. 
Subtitles still working, I just checked.
Roku 3 (4200), now permanently back in it's box.
0 Kudos
Smithyhk
Level 7

"bradmoss" wrote:
Subtitles not working with Apple TV is a known issue: Source

Noted, TVOS subtitles have never worked, however I didnt think there was even any option to select them, until recently? 
0 Kudos
Smithyhk
Level 7

"Grand Total" wrote:
"Smithyhk" wrote:
"Grand Total" wrote:
"bradmoss" wrote:

Settings->System->About says 4200X
iPlayer says DVP 4200EU. 
Subtitles still working, I just checked.

Many thanks Grand Total, so we are on exact same Roku model and builds, which may point away from Roku. I remain confused why my Iplayer version is 171.1 not 172.1...but as bradmoss has confirmed his unit also on 172.1, that won’t be a factor. I’ve raised with my ISP, will drop in back here once they’ve had a check. 
0 Kudos
Smithyhk
Level 7

"bradmoss" wrote:
"Smithyhk" wrote:
"bradmoss" wrote:
Roku DVP 4200EU

No, there it says 4200X

Thx bradmoss. I have been trying few things just in case, reset roku to factory and start again, remove and reintsall iplayer etc etc. But result is always same. Also have toggled most of the settings in iplayer roku app on and off again no easy fix. Iplayer subs work using other devices in network (iPad and PC). Subs operate fine using both these via app and also via browser direct to iplayer website... 
One thing for ipad app, sometimes the subtitles tab isn’t there when you select a program, but if you exit and restart, it eventually reappears. 
Looking increasingly like BBC issue to me....
0 Kudos