Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bradmoss
Level 7

Subtitles not working with iPlayer anymore?

Hello,

I'm using Roku 3 to watch iPlayer with subtitles, but some days ago it just doesn't work anymore, no more subtitles, anything reported?
Any idea?
Thanks in advance!
Brad.-
0 Kudos
22 Replies
Grand_Total
Level 7

Re: Subtitles not working with iPlayer anymore?

"bradmoss" wrote:
Hello,

I'm using Roku 3 to watch iPlayer with subtitles, but some days ago it just doesn't work anymore, no more subtitles, anything reported?

I've just been watching a show with subtitles, no problem. My Roku 3 is a 4200 model, in case your's is a different Roku 3 (4230?). Another thought - are you using the beta version of iPlayer?
Roku 3 (4200), now permanently back in it's box.
0 Kudos
bradmoss
Level 7

4200 and tried the beta just to see if that could solve the problem but not, it didn't Smiley Sad so reverted to standard
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Grand_Total
Level 7

"bradmoss" wrote:
4200 and tried the beta just to see if that could solve the problem but not, it didn't Smiley Sad so reverted to standard

iPlayer version 4.6.172.1
Roku version 8.1.0 build 4145-04
Roku 3 (4200), now permanently back in it's box.
0 Kudos
bradmoss
Level 7

exactly the same...
0 Kudos
Smithyhk
Level 7

I have exact same issue which started awhile back, just joined this site to report it.
Subtitles tab is there in iPlayer playback, but toggle it on or off makes no difference, still no subs:
This affects both our Roku 3s at home,
IPlayer Version 4.6.171.1
Roku Software 8.1.0 build 4145-04
Model Roku 3 4200x
0 Kudos
bradmoss
Level 7

at least I am not alone, something at the router maybe?
0 Kudos
Smithyhk
Level 7

Wouldnt think so. i have raised with my ISP in case their backend issue, but highly suspect this lies with Roku / BBC, based on prior history of the 2 blaming eachother, and Roku’s near desertion of UK market for later models. Doubt this will get resolved anytime soon...
0 Kudos
bradmoss
Level 7

Grand Total says his ROKU works correctly so that indicates it's not ROKU
0 Kudos
Smithyhk
Level 7

"bradmoss" wrote:
Grand Total says his ROKU works correctly so that indicates it's not ROKU

No idea, but In past times, often ends up in a stalemate where Roku say it’s BBC, and BBC say it’s Roku - users left to fall in the gap.
Grand Total seems to be in Canada, but would be good to know what Roku 3 model is used by him, as well as yourself bradmoss.
We all have 4200, but any suffix? I note in iPlayer>Settings>Settings & Help>Help>System Information that Device is referred to as Roku DVP 4200EU. As mentioned mine is 4200x. Sure you know, but just in case, exact model is in Roku menu Settings>System>About.

Hopefully we can close a few doors like this along the way,  to better define where issue lies.
0 Kudos