Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DCM
Level 7

Subscriptions

So I have two roku devices same account. The other day I ordered starz on the roku in the living room but it won’t let me watch in the bedroom it tells me too sign in to the channel idk what to do any help would be much appreciated. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AvsGunnar
Level 9

Re: Subscriptions

Each device will be capable of playing the Starz with that one account as you have setup.  Normally you just have to do the login once on each device so an activation code can be sent to each device.  It will usually send you a code that you enter on a website url (ie. starz.com/activate or the like).

After initial setup, you will be able to watch on either tv, both tvs at the same time, etc with just that one account.  Just enter the same login credentials you did in the living room on the bedroom device and it should send you a code for that bedroom device.

Just an FYI, if you order the Channels directly from the Roku Channel, then they are automatically synced up/accessible  as far as I am aware to the devices on the same account.  You don't have to do these extra steps at each device.  Someone can correct me if I am wrong on this. It has been awhile since I ordered any new channels.

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

Re: Subscriptions

Some channels/apps, like Starz, have two ways to watch and subscribe - directly with the provider (e.g., Starz) or through Roku.  If you paid through Roku you probably subscribed through The Roku Channel.  You won't be able to use this subscription for the standalone Starz channel/app on either device, but you should be able to access it through The Roku Channel on both devices.

0 Kudos